Ever been hooked while fishing?(video)

Sterling

Buddy got hooked while fishing, ouch! Even been hooked when fishing? I had one in my hand, but was able to get it out using the string method.

Worley

Video

Ouchhhhhh....Daggum it boy I cringed on that one...::;

kc65

Took a young man on his first saltwater trip last summer and he rared back to sling a 1oz jig and buried it in the top of my tater, had to sit down place my head between my knees and put both hands on top of my head while my buddy took needle nose pliers and snatched strait up, lifted me outta the chair....rinsed my head off with a bottle of shinerbach and fished on...

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That was real close to being real ugly !

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I had Big yellow cat bury a 10/0 treble in my knee. We was both trying something fierce to get off of that hook, she got off first. I used the sharp knife method to remove that hook.

61BelAir

I had Big yellow cat bury a 10/0 treble in my knee. We was both trying something fierce to get off of that hook, she got off first. I used the sharp knife method to remove that hook.

You and the cat were both hooked at the same time? I feel for ya. I've been hooked a few times - twice in the head, once in the thigh, and several times in fingers. The most painful was in the finger and through the nail with a jackfish still on the lure flopping everywhere. It was only a couple pounds, but extremely active. I can't imagine if it had been a big catfish thrashing around.

Scout'nStripers

That one looked like a pretty tedious removal process. Glad he got it out and you could fish on. I've had quite a few during my 50+ years of fishing. The last one had to be removed at the emergency room because it got hung up in a few nerves and tendons. The worst ones were when I was by myself. I actually hooked both hands one time. Hope you don't mind but here's a couple videos of the most recent that I removed myself and had the video camera rolling.

MattKelley

That was painful to watch! Mainly the suspense and knowing it's about to get buried. My friend had a 5/0 circle go through his thumb when he tried to get a striper off. He howled a lot and wouldn't let me get it out. I carry a pair of knipex mini bolt cutters now. 6inches and cut through a hook like it was nothing.

Sterling

Fortunately I was able to use those pliers to cut the hook free from the lure. After that he was able to push the hook on through the skin. It was almost past the barb. Once he did that I was able to cut the hook from behind the barb and it slid right out. He's had one in the hand and said it felt much worse than this. I was surprised he didn't get it in the hand after watching the video yesterday.

Sterling

That one looked like a pretty tedious removal process. Glad he got it out and you could fish on. I've had quite a few during my 50+ years of fishing. The last one had to be removed at the emergency room because it got hung up in a few nerves and tendons. The worst ones were when I was by myself. I actually hooked both hands one time.

Getting hooked and being by yourself is rough! Glad you were able to get most of those out yourself. It's no fun for sure.:banginghe

Scout'nStripers

Getting hooked and being by yourself is rough! Glad you were able to get most of those out yourself. It's no fun for sure.:banginghe
Man Sterling, I just watched your video again and realized that you guys were very very lucky. Those hooks could have very easily wound up in the giblets. The video would have went viral if that happened....LOL

Seriously though, I've always pushed the hook through and cut it off with a good pair of wire cutters I always keep in the boat but the next time it happens I'm going to bite the bullet and try the braid method. My wife fishes with me a good bit and she's been chomping at the bit to try it on me the next time I get hooked. We've both watch videos on the braid method and I'm willing to try it.

Sterling

That one looked like a pretty tedious removal process. Glad he got it out and you could fish on. I've had quite a few during my 50+ years of fishing. The last one had to be removed at the emergency room because it got hung up in a few nerves and tendons. The worst ones were when I was by myself. I actually hooked both hands one time. Hope you don't mind but here's a couple videos of the most recent that I removed myself and had the video camera rolling.

Man Sterling, I just watched your video again and realized that you guys were very very lucky. Those hooks could have very easily wound up in the giblets. The video would have went viral if that happened....LOL

Seriously though, I've always pushed the hook through and cut it off with a good pair of wire cutters I always keep in the boat but the next time it happens I'm going to bite the bullet and try the braid method. My wife fishes with me a good bit and she's been chomping at the bit to try it on me the next time I get hooked. We've both watch videos on the braid method and I'm willing to try it.

I've used that method and it stings like a wasp sting afterwards, but it's much cheaper than the ER. Hope you, or any of us for that matter, never have to use it though.

Browniez

Hooked My first striper on a big jerkbait in a kayak. Didn't know they freaked out like they do when you pull an in the boat. Hung two of the three set of trebles in my leg.

Sterling

Hooked My first striper on a big jerkbait in a kayak. Didn't know they freaked out like they do when you pull an in the boat. Hung two of the three set of trebles in my leg.

Two of Three=Owww!

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dug up the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 889