Ever seen a turkey this color?

Core Lokt

Killed in Thomas Co on private land. Is this some weird colored wild turkey or a cross with a domestic?

IMG_1749<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IMG_1748<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Core Lokt

It was the first turkey the guy ever killed too. On the walk out they ran into another one colored just like this. This bird came in with two normal colored easterns.

nick_o_demus

It was the first turkey the guy ever killed too. On the walk out they ran into another one colored just like this. This bird came in with two normal colored easterns.

I imagine its a natural cause. Kind of like a smoke phased turkey. Definitely needs to be a full mount.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
That bird would be going to the taxidermist.

my best guess

looks like a cross between a Spanish black (wings) and a bronze. (both domestic birds)

Something got out with the wild flocks is my guess. It could have some eastern in it, but I don't see any.

Just a guess..and an opinion

s&r

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Doesn't look wild...or not totally, could be a mix.
Did it have a beard?? I noticed it had a full fan but I don't see the beard?
It's beautiful and it'll fry like outta this world!!! Congrats!!!!

baddave

that's not as strange as the color on your face

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
All you have to do to get a turkey that color is to kill a normal bird, have it mounted and put it in front of a picture window for a few years.

That's the easy way. He got his the hard way.

wvdawg

Staff member
Cool bird!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
could be a tranny

If that's the case I wish it would've came to my hunting club! We use the bathroom wherever we want!

Whit90

Domestic chicken, wild turkey cross... kinda like a Chihuahua, German Shepherd mix. Look it up it happens.