Extra long rifle range in North GA?

GAHUNTER60

Several years ago, There was a private rifle range somewhere near Cartersville (if I recall correctly) that you could shoot distances up to 600 yards. As I remember, it was a private club, but was open to the public for a range fee on certain days.

Now, I can't find any info on online.

Does anyone remember such a range and know if it is still in operation?

menhadenman

I think riverside in Gainesville has a 600 yd range.

I’m in Blairsville so let me know if you find something. I only get to shoot king while I’m out west or over in eastern NC seeing family.

I’d be tickled even with a 300 yd range up here.

transfixer

Several years ago, There was a private rifle range somewhere near Cartersville (if I recall correctly) that you could shoot distances up to 600 yards. As I remember, it was a private club, but was open to the public for a range fee on certain days.

Now, I can't find any info on online.

Does anyone remember such a range and know if it is still in operation?

That was Creekside range in Taylorsville ga, it is permanently closed according to everything I can find, closed a little over a year ago, maybe closer to 2yrs, my stepson and I were going to try and join it, and then found out it was no longer open , have no idea why, probably liability reasons if I had to guess, pretty sure insurance for places like that is ridiculously expensive

GAHUNTER60

Thanks Fixer. I figured that was the case since an internet search for rifle ranges and gun clubs yielded no results, it must be gone. Actually, I don't need 600 yards of range, but it sure would be nice to be able to shoot at 300 yards off a table when testing hunting loads.

HughW2

CMP Talladega, AL has 100, 200, 300, 600 Yard ranges. I have never been but always wanted to go. Do a web search for CMP Talladega and they have a very informative website. You need to visit website before going. They do not mess around on safety and first time visitors need to be prepared for safety briefing and build enough time into your schedule. I would allocate at least a half day to a day the first time you visit. Would be cool to check out the CMP store while you are there. It is on my bucket list of ranges to visit.

Liberty

CMP Talladega, AL has 100, 200, 300, 600 Yard ranges. I have never been but always wanted to go. Do a web search for CMP Talladega and they have a very informative website. You need to visit website before going. They do not mess around on safety and first time visitors need to be prepared for safety briefing and build enough time into your schedule. I would allocate at least a half day to a day the first time you visit. Would be cool to check out the CMP store while you are there. It is on my bucket list of ranges to visit.
I’ve been there shooting for score and it is a great facility. You have to prove that you can shoot at 3 before they let you try 6 to protect their expensive e target system. If you’re shooting slung and prone, take a really good mat because the firing line is concrete.

GunnSmokeer

Riverbend Gun Club in Dawsonville is a members-only club for practice sessions, but all "MATCHES" are open to any member of the public who is safe with gun handling and has the right kind of equipment for the type of targets and the distances.

I've shot there 50 or times over the last 30 years, all rifle matches, both rimfire and centerfire, and I'm not a member (yet). (You members do keep me in mind in case I need a recommendation from a couple of y'all.)

Latest posts