Facebook popups

breathe in

I guess not really pop-ups, more like suggestions for different groups. Anyway, I had a couple pop up last week. One was some kind of food/recipe group and it had a piece on Tennessee onions. I googled and it looks like it’s kind of baked sweet onions? Looked Pretty good, anybody familiar with it?

The other one was a “you’ve been in Atlanta a long time” group that had a picture from like the 60s or 70s going down Buford Highway. I could see in the picture a “wishbone” fried chicken. Anyone remember them, any good? Googled that too, says there’s one in Newnan. Anyone know is the Newnan one affiliated or just a mom and pop with the same name?

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

I guess not really pop-ups, more like suggestions for different groups. Anyway, I had a couple pop up last week. One was some kind of food/recipe group and it had a piece on Tennessee onions. I googled and it looks like it’s kind of baked sweet onions? Looked Pretty good, anybody familiar with it?

The other one was a “you’ve been in Atlanta a long time” group that had a picture from like the 60s or 70s going down Buford Highway. I could see in the picture a “wishbone” fried chicken. Anyone remember them, any good? Googled that too, says there’s one in Newnan. Anyone know is the Newnan one affiliated or just a mom and pop with the same name?
Not sure about that onion, but I love taking a big Vidalia cutting a little bit of the center out of it, big slab of butter in the empty spot, little salt, pepper and garlic powder. Throw it on the grill for a little bit and BAM! Good stuff!

Big7

The Oracle

We had a Wishbone in Monroe many years ago way before KFC, Popeye's, Mrs. Winner's and Bojangles. We have all of them now.

From what I can remember, Wishbone was pretty good and the only place to get chicken then.

Later, we had a Dari- Delight. They called their chicken "broasted"- it was just rotisserie chicken before they started calling it that. It was good and I was disappointed when they closed.

Big7

The Oracle
Just looked and Dari- Delight is still going in Alabama and Tennessee. Not sure if it's the same chain.

breathe in

We had a Wishbone in Monroe many years ago way before KFC, Popeye's, Mrs. Winner's and Bojangles. We have all of them now.

From what I can remember, Wishbone was pretty good and the only place to get chicken then.

Later, we had a Dari- Delight. They called their chicken "broasted"- it was just rotisserie chicken before they started calling it that. It was good and I was disappointed when they closed.
sounds good. I think that's what chik fil a calls their cooking process?