Family Traditions Tree Stands - Worth the $$$$

Kmule610

Was undecided on paying the extra money on a product made in the USA??????! But decide to try the Family Traditions stand back in 2010. I was feed-up with the cheaper stands with repairs and replacing the cheaper bolts/nuts or replacing cables after a few seasons in the woods. Bought one of the Family Traditions hang-on stands along with the climbing ladder sections before deer season in 2010.

Took a lot of heat from my friends for paying more for the Family Traditions lock-on & ladder than two of the Chinese made ones. Also, took a lot of ragging on the bulkiness of the lock-on, but I liked them. I liked the way they were built, the stainless steel parts, and the heavy chains instead of the thin cables. At the time, I was pushing the 240lb., so I wanted something that would hold my weight along with gear and I felt safe in.

I hunted out of the Family Traditions lock-on/ladder hard until 2014/2015 hunting season. Was not the easiest to move around but i figured out a good way to get it up and down that was not to bad. In January 2015, I was hit with a health issue that took me away from hunting for many years. I was not able to get my Family Traditions lock-on out of the woods, so it stayed in the woods and attached to the tree for roughly 5 years.

In 2020, i was able to get back to hunting full time (Thank You Lord!!!) and I really did not think my Family Tradition lock-on/ladder stand would be ready for hunting the 2020/2021 season. I really thought a branch or another tree would have taken it out or it was going to be rusted out and needed a lot of TLC. To my surprise the stand was in great shape, so I replaced the straps on the lock-on and ladder sections and hunted it this past deer season.

I pulled it out of the woods the past weekend and below are a few pictures of the Lock-on and ladder sections. My wife was not convinced that I did not buy a new stand before the season when she saw it ???! Friends were very impressed with the stand when they saw it and had replaced their stands several times! I think I spent less money in the long run?!

I know there are other quality stands being made, but I will be getting another Family Traditions tree stand And buying MADE IN THE USA????????!
E4658FF5-8AFD-4947-99B9-C2F2ED33F0BD.jpeg1E35F7BF-5E35-4A55-B0E9-1186419144A3.jpeg4DBD5A26-A48D-4B82-8693-261FB91E26DB.jpeg84D6F793-9AB0-4696-BE16-8AA2D40D395B.jpegB760AD32-E5EA-4554-910B-5189F3C2ED17.jpeg72BF17ED-C430-4C66-A114-1DEACD640DE9.jpeg

sghoghunter

I have two 18 ft single man family traditions stands and one 18 ft millennium stands and both are about 10yrs old and still look almost new. My pick of the two is the family tradition

deermaster13

I have a double seated 12 foot on my power line. My brother in law set it up for me this season. Really nice stands.

Kmule610

I need to look into the ladder stands Also. Where did get yours at? The place that I bought mine from went out of business.

Even the the seat is in great shape!

uturn

I’ve had some since somewhere around 07/08 and they look just like yours...some had been on a tree since then till this past year!

Worth every penny and American Made very hard to beat!

shdw633

I have three of the Family Tradition tripods that I bought in 2001 and they are still going strong today and are in excellent shape. I absolutely got my money's worth out of those stands to say the least. I could most likely sell them today for what I paid for them in 2001.

TJay

I have a ladder and a lock on. I can't even remember how long I've had the ladder. Their stuff lasts!

Kmule610

Yes, made in American is a great way to go! Keep jobs here for good hard working Americans?? & worth every penny I paid for them. Anyone know where I can get them in Ga?

OleCountryBoy

They last a very long time, I’ve never seen one rusted. The seat webbing gets dried out and makes a lot of noise if you have to shift your body, especially on the double ladder. That’s the only issue I’ve experienced.

DSGB

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I've been wanting to give one of their ladder stands a try. Don't have a dealer all that close so it will be a drive to find one. Wish they were doing direct ship as well.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have a 12' double and single ladder. You can unbolt the seats and bring them in after season. A squirrel chewed my single up pretty good and had to but a new seat. The web is under a great deal of tension.

Kmule610

I've been wanting to give one of their ladder stands a try. Don't have a dealer all that close so it will be a drive to find one. Wish they were doing direct ship as well.
Yeah, me too! Called Sports Center in Perry and they indicated they do not special order for hunters and what they get is what they can sell you. May check back with them before season starts.

Latest posts