Favorite Country Voices

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I kinda like when Johnny Cash would say, "Hello,I'm Johnny Cash"

Whitefeather

Management Material
I didn't read all the posts, I didn't need to, the greatest voice in country music is, was and will forever be:

Waylon Jennings

Agreed. When a sung got sung by Waylon it was sung. There will never be another Waylon Jennings.

ryork

My Top Five Country Voices would not necessarily by my five favorite country artists. There is a difference. For whom I’d consider the best five pure stone cold country voices in no particular order:

Vern Gosdin
Keith Whitley
George Jones
Lefty Frizell
And here’s the curve ball Patty Loveless

Now.... my top five personal favorite country artists of all time (and this is tough but these are in order)

Waylon Jennings
Willie Nelson
Bocephus pre Monday Night Football
Chris Knight
Townes Van Zandt

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Man I wish I liked country music. Yall make me wanna go listen o some Waylon.

I used to really love the voices of Randy Travis, Steve Wariner, Loretta Lynn and Merle Haggard

Shane Dockery

Bunch of good ones. I think Ed Bruce and Tom T. Hall need to be added to the list. Really got hooked on Ed Bruce with “The Last Cowboy Song”.

My First Taste of Texas is one of my all time favorites!

oldfella1962

Waylon no doubt. It had that deep authority sound. I never liked Willy Nelson's voice.
Dwight Yoakum is good and not as well known is David Ball (seven albums on seven different labels? Seriously?) best known for his hit "I got a thinkin' problem".

Wait, last minute entry - Buck Owens!

Hoss

Didn’t realize that there were so many Don Williams fans. He is definitely one of my favorites.
As an addition to Ed Bruce recording some awesome songs, he also helped out a few folks listed in this thread with some songs he wrote like “Mamas don’t let you babies grow up to be cowboys”.

huntersluck

Don Williams, Waylon,Merle,George Straight, Travis Tritt, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, all time favorite is Yoakam though

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
For you Josh Turner fans he is gonna be at the Ga Mtn Fairgrounds music hall on May 1.

oldfella1962

Don Williams, Waylon,Merle,George Straight, Travis Tritt, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, all time favorite is Yoakam though

I saw Yoakam in Phoenix in the late 1980's - great show!