Feed the Bears?

Should we feed the bears?

• Yes

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 74.4%

• Total voters
Amen

No to feeding the bear's. A fed bear is a dead bear. All these folks that have moved in around here have already made it a problem. They feed the animals and cry foul when the bears start tearing everything up. Then the moan and groan to the DNR to do something.........:huh: you moved to bear territory, quiting ringing the dinner bell and you won't have a problem.

This is absolutely true Unicoidawg. I am personal friends with a local DNR Area Manager here in Gilmer Co. and every year he tells me about all the nuisance bear calls he gets. It is always someone witha feeder. One guy last year said it is not a bear feeder it is a deer feeder. Go Figure. The DNR can't do much work other than respond to bear nuisance complaints in the spring up here. If you feed the bears in North Georgia you will have a problem. I do not even feed them and have them on my porch looking for food. Had one tear my storage building door off last year to get to corn stored in there for my chickens.
We need to harvest more bears in North Georgia and reduce the population some. I have done several bear surveys with my DNR friend and believe me when I say we have too many up here.
Eddie

bullsprig1100

I have a radical idea. Why not allow cutting and burning on the National Forest, to create natural wildlife openings where all animals could come to feed. Currently a vast majority of the NF is mature forest, where there is little or no understory. Burn and clear small sections to allow a more natural environment, where berries, grasses, and small tender growth can take hold. If we simply let the forest be a forest, and let sections burn occasionally, and allow designated areas to be cut, the wildlife would flourish.....take Yellowstone's fire as an example!!! We want our National Forests to be natural, but in nature, wildfires would occasionally make natural clearings and openings that would become meadows in a short period of time.....Just my thoughts....

JBowers

I have a radical idea. Why not allow cutting and burning on the National Forest, to create natural wildlife openings where all animals could come to feed. Currently a vast majority of the NF is mature forest, where there is little or no understory. Burn and clear small sections to allow a more natural environment, where berries, grasses, and small tender growth can take hold. If we simply let the forest be a forest, and let sections burn occasionally, and allow designated areas to be cut, the wildlife would flourish.....take Yellowstone's fire as an example!!! We want our National Forests to be natural, but in nature, wildfires would occasionally make natural clearings and openings that would become meadows in a short period of time.....Just my thoughts....

:flag:, and it is not a radical idea

bullsprig1100 I could not have said it better myself. Oh wait a minute we may offend the tree huggers. They are the problem with the forests and they believe they are protecting them.