Finally, Duke 550's Are Here!

280 Man

Banned
My Duke Pro Series got here today. Bought 4 to try. After a little comparison these are some well built traps. The pan is bigger than a 550, which i like. Nice audible click on the night latch, springs are solid. Pan is level and tension is around 3 lbs, straight outta the box.

The only thing I wished was better, 3-4 more links of chain but I can live with that tho.

Looking forward to getting them out which should be Saturday
20210104_154120.jpg

kmaxwell3

I bought 5 from Midway with 2 330's. Have not got them yet. They were on clearance and free shipping. First time buying them. Looking forward to trying them out to. Let me know if you catch anything. Good luck!!

mossyoakpro

Put a middle swivel in the chain...I'm doing that to all mine as I move them to the dirty pile. I had a coyote get the chain so balled up with grass that the swivels would not move. It's a wonder it didn't twist it's way out. I think an extra swivel will help with that.

Doug B.

Put a middle swivel in the chain...I'm doing that to all mine as I move them to the dirty pile. I had a coyote get the chain so balled up with grass that the swivels would not move. It's a wonder it didn't twist it's way out. I think an extra swivel will help with that.
I have always heard of people doing that and I thought that's not really necessary. But, I have had coyotes get so much junk tangled up all in the chain that now I agree completely with what you are saying. I think now that I'm going to start adding a swivel to all of my traps.

mossyoakpro

I have always heard of people doing that and I thought that's not really necessary. But, I have had coyotes get so much junk tangled up all in the chain that now I agree completely with what you are saying. I think now that I'm going to start adding a swivel to all of my traps.

I think it's going to help....I'm going to do a dozen or so and try it.

280 Man

Banned
I reported in my original post that the pans were level, well, today after I got home I got to checking the other traps and those pans were not level. I adjusted the pans to just a tad below the jaw. Also washed the traps. Those things were covered with oil.

Ive got all my traps ready and got all my bait and scent yesterday from MTP. Got three jars of Hiawatha Valley.

On another note, I ordered a bottle of Fox Hollow GHII and Cavens Canine Foce. That GHII stuff must be some potent stuff. It was sealed in a foil pack and you could still smell it. My Boxer bulldog wouldn't even go near it..LOL

Doug B.

On another note, I ordered a bottle of Fox Hollow GHII and Cavens Canine Foce. That GHII stuff must be some potent stuff. It was sealed in a foil pack and you could still smell it. My Boxer bulldog wouldn't even go near it..LOL
Inside that foil ziploc bag the bottle of GH II will have tape around the lid. You can leave the tape on, leave it in the foil bag, put it in a sealed ammo box, and put it in a cardboard box and it will still stink up the entire basement. Don't put it inside your truck!

Ray357

AWOL
My Duke Pro Series got here today. Bought 4 to try. After a little comparison these are some well built traps. The pan is bigger than a 550, which i like. Nice audible click on the night latch, springs are solid. Pan is level and tension is around 3 lbs, straight outta the box.

The only thing I wished was better, 3-4 more links of chain but I can live with that tho.

Looking forward to getting them out which should be Saturday
View attachment 1058766
You going to dye and wax them or just put them out like that? Reason I ask is I have never put any out that were not dyed and waxed. I am feeling lazy and thinking about not dying and waxing this year.

280 Man

Banned
Inside that foil ziploc bag the bottle of GH II will have tape around the lid. You can leave the tape on, leave it in the foil bag, put it in a sealed ammo box, and put it in a cardboard box and it will still stink up the entire basement. Don't put it inside your truck!

My stars, what did I buy! Do I need a haz-mat suit!! LOL

You going to dye and wax them or just put them out like that? Reason I ask is I have never put any out that were not dyed and waxed. I am feeling lazy and thinking about not dying and waxing this year.

Not planning on doing nothing more than Ive already done. Hopefully, they are going in the ground Saturday.

Doug B.

Dye won't stick to new traps. Go ahead and get the oil off of them then plant them. By the end of the season just clean them up then dye and wax.

mossyoakpro

I reported in my original post that the pans were level, well, today after I got home I got to checking the other traps and those pans were not level. I adjusted the pans to just a tad below the jaw. Also washed the traps. Those things were covered with oil.

Ive got all my traps ready and got all my bait and scent yesterday from MTP. Got three jars of Hiawatha Valley.

GH-2 is one of my favorites...along with it's cousin Bounty Hunter