First brisket and burnt ends

Last Minute

I've been wanting to try my hand at smoking a brisket for a while now sooo I decided yesterday was the day. Picked up a whole packer and separated the flat and point and hit them with a light coat of olive oil and and a good rub. Got the Akorn fired up and went to work. Let'em roll the first 4 hours in the smoke and after the 1st hour I spritzed with a mix of beef broth and brown sugar every 15 mins. At the 4 hour mark I panned them and let'em go till they probed tender. Made burnt ends from the point and sliced the flat. It was pretty durn good for my first try.9Screenshot_20180625-075037.pngScreenshot_20180625-075024.png

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That brisket sammidge looks pretty dang good to me!

Dub

Great job.

Looks like you nailed it.

That had to be a labor of love....spritzing every 15 mins. I've never spritzed in a kamado, but I'll bet that mixture of beef broth & brown sugar was some good flavor enhancer.

Magic works spoken in your post, ....." let'em go till they probed tender" (y)

Last Minute

Great job.

Looks like you nailed it.

That had to be a labor of love....spritzing every 15 mins. I've never spritzed in a kamado, but I'll bet that mixture of beef broth & brown sugar was some good flavor enhancer.

Magic works spoken in your post, ....." let'em go till they probed tender" (y)

The beef broth/brown sugar concoction compliments the brisket well but it really seemed to help set the bark before I panned them.. When they finally probed tender they were right at 210 internally and man o man was it good. I'll be doing another in the near future!

Reactions: Dub

Dub

The beef broth/brown sugar concoction compliments the brisket well but it really seemed to help set the bark before I panned them.. When they finally probed tender they were right at 210 internally and man o man was it good. I'll be doing another in the near future!

Super plan.

Worked out really well for you.

Glad to see full packers more often in the grocery stores now.

My last brisket was a little on the dry side of things. I think I'll wrap it earlier.

No shame in my game for using aluminum foil. I may spritz it with the broth & brown sugar mix prior to wrapping.