Fish Fry /Campout at Brush Creek Park..Sept.21st 706-594-4921See post 163 for new info

crackerdave

Max can't quit talking about it!!
I got a hushpuppy with his name on it!

Hushpuppies got their name from the old cracker fish camps,where they'd fry up some of the leftover fish batter to throw at the hangry dogs. Or so I've heard.?

olcaptain

I got a hushpuppy with his name on it!

Hushpuppies got their name from the old cracker fish camps,where they'd fry up some of the leftover fish batter to throw at the hangry dogs. Or so I've heard.?
Max doesn't cull much. I can see him now, with a belly full of handouts, lying in the sun/shade.

Tom W.

I mentioned it to my bride again today. She said if it's really hot it's probably a no go, but if not........ there's a fair chance. She has classes to teach that evening, so it won't be a long visit if we get to go.

crackerdave

I mentioned it to my bride again today. She said if it's really hot it's probably a no go, but if not........ there's a fair chance. She has classes to teach that evening, so it won't be a long visit if we get to go.

Hope y'all can make it!

We plan to eat around 4,to try and get folks back home by dark that aren't camping.

Tom W.

One more week. I hope I'm feeling better than I have been. I believe that I have Lori convinced to go. BTW, she likes unsweetened tea with Sweet and Low with lots of ice and lemon....if we get to show up!

olcaptain

Max and I are getting more excited every day! We now have a new friend who has agreed to come with us! Jimmy Dowling is an avid Bass angler and a new church friend. He is a former coach as well and a heck of a nice guy. Max doesn't drive very well after dark so I'm really excited about Jimmy coming for several reasons!

crackerdave

We all know extended forecasts are iffy at best, but the one I saw said we're in for some cool nights towards the end of next week.Lows in the low sixties,and no rain.

crackerdave

Let's try to get a head count,and who's bringing what:
Dustin and Greg - 3 lbs.of fish fillets,and whatever other meat might show up via lagrangedave.

Me- hushpuppy batter with okra,and some with onion,paper plates,forks and spoons.

Tony - chief fryer of fish

Anthony- dessert

Horace and Jimmy - iced down soft drinks

Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
As much time as I have spent in Newnan I feel like I live there. There's a big hospital that can be seen from the interstate.......

Maybe Lori would like to take me....... depending on her schedule. Not only is she a brick and mortar school teacher she teaches kids at night over the internet. So we'd have to go around her schedule.

I have been in that hospital many, many times. I am grateful that they are there, but I wish no one ever had to go there again.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Let's try to get a head count,and who's bringing what:
Dustin and Greg - 3 lbs.of fish fillets,and whatever other meat might show up via lagrangedave.

Me- hushpuppy batter with okra,and some with onion,paper plates,forks and spoons.

Tony - chief fryer of fish
Anthony - dessert and something else if needed