Florida Gators so far

Cmcharles

Myself and few buddies picked up some county tags in Florida. So far we’ve killed an 11-6’, 10’ and 9’. Still have a few tags to fill. I’ve been gator hunting for around 18 years now, I’ll say I enjoy killing 9-10’ gators more than 11-12’. Those big ones really can put up a fight. We’ve had some take as long as 3 hours to get killed when they can get down in deep water.

IMG_0513.jpegIMG_3931.jpegIMG_3923.jpeg

Big7

The Oracle
How do you hunt them? Hook with a chicken quarter and a head shot like on the Swamp People show or what?

Cmcharles

Snatch hook, crossbow and harpoon. Then bang stick when the time comes. You can bait with beef lung and a wooden peg if you’re somewhere you can get on a single gator.

Cmcharles

Wrapped the season up with a pair of 10+ gators a few weekends back. One had someone else’s shaft head in his jaw, pretty fresh.

IMG_0676.jpegIMG_0681.jpegIMG_0715.jpegIMG_0730.jpeg

Wow nice gators What is the process for getting permits to hunt Florida gators do you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get one

Toliver

Is it still around $2500 for non-residents?

Toliver

I hunted down there in 2016. I liked the price for the trapper assistant license better. About 50 bucks best I remember. We got 5 gators in 2 nights. It was an absolute blast.