Food Pics

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got my computer back to where I could post pics. Here's a few things we've made lately that I actually remembered to take pics of. Sorry a couple of the pics are blurry, my camera got intoxicated and got on the wrong setting. :)

A couple episodes of venison "beef" tips with peppers, onions, and mushrooms:

bambitips.jpg

bambitips2.jpg

Blackened catfish with mango salsa and Conecuh dirty rice (most excellent: )

blackened.jpg

Couple meals of grilled bratwurst with grilled peppers and onions:

brats.jpg

brats2.jpg

Chicken parmesan with my homemade garden-canned marinara sauce, fettucini and mushrooms:

chicken parmesan.jpg

Spicy chicken sammich:

chickensammich.jpg

Grilled ranch chicken wraps:

chickenwraps.jpg

Thick-cut pork chops brined in an apricot nectar brine and smoked on the Akorn with some pecan wood, foil-packet grilled red taters, grilled asparagus, and grilled garlic bread. This was gooood:

chops.jpg

Chicken and veggies stir-fried with Greek seasonings. This wound up wrapped in pita bread with a Greek salad on the side:

greek.jpg

Grilled chicken Alfredo with homemade cream/parmesan sauce. Good stuff.

grilledalfredo.jpg

Grilled pork chop with grilled bacon tater kebabs, grilled pineapple, and haricots verts almondine green beans:

grilledchop.jpg

Grilled Italian sausage dogs with grilled peppers and onions:

italiansausage.jpg

Two different episodes of jambalaya:

jambalaya.jpg

jambalaya2.jpg

One of my favorites: grilled shish kebabs. Ribeye, onion, and red pepper; chicken, onion, pineapple, and marichino cherry. This was so good:

kebabs.jpg

kebabs2.jpg

Moroccan/redneck fusion: Moroccan grilled kofta (made with ground deer meat instead of lamb/goat,) topped with fiery harissa sauce, couscous with preserved lemons and Moroccan spices, tomato/olive relish. This was durn delicious. My first try at Moroccan food, and my first try at couscous, but definitely not the last. This stuff is good. I absolutely love the harissa sauce:

kofta.jpg

Thick grilled chop marinated in mojo sauce with oven-roasted herbed taters and grilled asparagus:

mojochop.jpg

Stir-fried veggies with ramps and morel mushrooms:

morel.jpg

Pecan-crusted catfish with mango salsa and sweet tater shoestrings:

pecancatfish.jpg

Sage-rubbed pork chops with oven-roasted ranch taters and asparagus:

sagechop.jpg

Greek grilled chicken souvlaki in flatbread with homemade tzatziki sauce and roasted Greek lemon/dill taters:

souvlaki.jpg

Asian chicken/cashew stirfry with crispy noodles:

stirfry.jpg

Grilled chicken taquitos with roasted tomatillo salsa verde and guacamole:

taquitos.jpg

Fried white bass with ramp/jalapeno hushpuppies:

Attachments

• whitebass.jpg
    whitebass.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 523

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Whoaaaaaaaaaaa! NCH, you been holding out on us!!!!!!

Magnificent Eats!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fine:

mikep

Ive been pretty big into greek food the last couple months. The tzatziki goes good on most everything and its easy to make.

gtparts

Got to the Moroccan food and felt my office chair giving way. Lord, why didn't you warn folks looking at this post was fattening? (Waddlin' off to Office Depot for a Heavy Duty chair.)

Triple C

Sheeeezzz!!! That is a bunch of good looking plates right there NC! Hard to believe you didn't have a cheeseburger somewhere along in there. Ain't nobody can plate a cheeseburger like you. Add one to it!

cjones

Daggum, man.. Put those pics on a restaurant menu and you'd be turning people away at the door! Everything looks awesome!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Sheeeezzz!!! That is a bunch of good looking plates right there NC! Hard to believe you didn't have a cheeseburger somewhere along in there. Ain't nobody can plate a cheeseburger like you. Add one to it!

Been plenty of those and other stuff too, just didn't take pics of them. A week without a cheeseburger is a week wasted. :)

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Good lord Hillbilly! All that looks great.

mark-7mag

So who does most of the cooking in your house Hillbily? Do you and your wife cook all those great meals? Do any of you guys have a chef background ? You seem to like a great variety of foods and which is not common for someone like yourself or me growing up in the south but my wife and I like to expiriment with different food cultures. None of my southern friend like anything but southern food, maybe Mexican. I'll eat anything

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
So who does most of the cooking in your house Hillbily? Do you and your wife cook all those great meals? Do any of you guys have a chef background ? You seem to like a great variety of foods and which is not common for someone like yourself or me growing up in the south but my wife and I like to expiriment with different food cultures. None of my southern friend like anything but southern food, maybe Mexican. I'll eat anything

Mark, I like all kinds of stuff (except beans and mayonnaise. :) ) The last few years, I've been experimenting a lot with different ethnic food types, and we really enjoy trying new stuff. Some of it I like, some I don't. But I've came to really like Greek, Caribbean, rustic Italian, Asian, Indian, Cajun, Balkan, Tex-mex, and South American foods. The Moroccan food is on the list now, too. I also love my hillbilly southern soul food that I grew up on, and no week goes by without some good ol' plain southern cooking, either. I grew up in the original bbq epicenter of the country, too, so I love my smoked pig flesh, also. Southern food is one of the world's great cuisines, IMO.

My wife and I both cook a lot, and we both enjoy it. No chef's background or formal training, I just like to eat and love to cook and have an experimental streak. My mom tells me that I was making good homemade cathead biscuits when I was five years old. I learned to cook from watching her and my grandpa, both of whom loved to cook and were really good at it, but I've added some twists to it along the way. I also really enjoy cooking wild game and fish "outside the box:" I try all kinds of different recipes with deer, wild hog, small game, or native fish, and they usually turn out great. For example, I've found that anything that calls for lamb works great with venison.

mark-7mag

Mark, I like all kinds of stuff (except beans and mayonnaise. :) ) The last few years, I've been experimenting a lot with different ethnic food types, and we really enjoy trying new stuff. Some of it I like, some I don't. But I've came to really like Greek, Caribbean, rustic Italian, Asian, Indian, Cajun, Balkan, Tex-mex, and South American foods. The Moroccan food is on the list now, too. I also love my hillbilly southern soul food that I grew up on, and no week goes by without some good ol' plain southern cooking, either. I grew up in the original bbq epicenter of the country, too, so I love my smoked pig flesh, also. Southern food is one of the world's great cuisines, IMO.

My wife and I both cook a lot, and we both enjoy it. No chef's background or formal training, I just like to eat and love to cook and have an experimental streak. My mom tells me that I was making good homemade cathead biscuits when I was five years old. I learned to cook from watching her and my grandpa, both of whom loved to cook and were really good at it, but I've added some twists to it along the way. I also really enjoy cooking wild game and fish "outside the box:" I try all kinds of different recipes with deer, wild hog, small game, or native fish, and they usually turn out great. For example, I've found that anything that calls for lamb works great with venison.

That's great. I'm southern, wife is not. We both like and cook all different types of foods. I need southern food at least twice a week in some meal . Wife likes southern food but could do without

fishbum2000

Good lookin eatz there brother. Glad yer puter iz up n runnin

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Oops, there ain't anything on earth I like better than a good burger.