Ga HS State Championship Avatar Bet

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
You'll need to purchase a subscription to watch at the link below.
http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/tournament/georgia-fall-championships/football-ga

May be able to watch for free at link below.
http://www.gpb.org/sports/football/matchups

Or, sign into you ISP account and watch your channel online, where available.

Thanks , I was trying to figure this out also , I’m a graduate of Coffee co. And have some friends kids playing tonight , and my niece is in the band, my parents are at the game

lbzdually

Banned
I have Charter cable and the GPTV station is channel 8, but it is in standard definition, so it looks horrible. If I used a rooftop antenna for free, I get HD, but for paid for cable you only get SD. :crazy:

lbzdually

Banned
Well Colquitt just got helped by a ball that hit the ground on 4th down and that led to a score. 2 weekends in a row where the refs determined the game.

lbzdually

Banned
North Gwinnett wins on FG with no time left after 3 straight CC penalties.

SpotandStalk

Irwin lost a tough game, Coffee lost and what the heck was Colquitt doing those last few plays?

Last edited:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
If there has any more obvious of trying to help a team that was dead it was this one. It is a shame what the refs did to CC. 40 yards in penalties, in the last 35 seconds. I will wear the avy, but if I was NG, I would not be to proud of the trophy that the refs were determined to give them. They took what could have been one of the greatest games in the playoffs and turned it into a joke.

SpotandStalk

If there has any more obvious of trying to help a team that was dead it was this one. It is a shame what the refs did to CC. 40 yards in penalties, in the last 35 seconds. I will wear the avy, but if I was NG, I would not be to proud of the trophy that the refs were determined to give them. They took what could have been one of the greatest games in the playoffs and turned it into a joke.

Didnt get to watch but was listening on the radio as we left our game. That was hard to believe.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
GHSA needs to hire some refs, that actually have a clue about the game they are refereeing.

Last edited:

lbzdually

Banned

I don't have a horse in this race, I just watched it, so which of the penalties did you not agree with? 2 of them were 12 men on the field and the refs counted it out and Probst didn't argue. The other was the pass interference on the last play and the refs had to call that one, since the defender never turned to try and find the ball and hit the WR way before the ball got there. If the refs didn't miss the ball hitting the ground on 4th down for CC, then NG would have had the ball with just over 2 minutes to go at their own 30. I think the refs dodged a bullet on that missed call that they called complete. The announcer guys must have been given a tongue lashing for pointing out the bad call in the Calhoun/Peach County, because after they saw the ball hit the ground on replay, they said 'well we are not getting into that firestorm this week' . So they knew it hit the ground and admitted it but decided they like having their job.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Think what you want, this was a complete robbery. IF NG wants it that bad let them have it. The penalties called were junk. They interference call along paled in comparison to the hit Singletary got before the ball got there.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
The clock should run out before the end anyway.

Buckfever

The clock should run out before the end anyway.

That's what I was thinking too. It seemed like there was time being added back to the clock for NG after every play in the end. I agree CC got a lucky break on the complete pass that looked to have hit the ground. NG should have been hit with a facemask call, late hit on the QB, and a late hit, but the referees were blind to those . NG won no doubt and the CC penalties cost them early in the game, but I feel bad refereeing has cost CC 2 State Championships.

skeeter24

Irwin lost a tough game,

I listened to that game....good game. I went to Miller County so we grew up playing Clinch, Irwin, Lincoln, Hawkinsville. I always enjoy the Class A games

SpotandStalk

Dadgum...Charlie loses an avatar bet amd shuts the forum down for a week.

:biggrin2:

Twiggbuster

Calls against CC looked legitimate imo
Give NG credit- they moved the ball with good sideline passes up to midfield, then took advantage of CC lack of discipline .
Game cannot end on defensive penalty and that boy nailed a 38 yarder
No dog in this fight but rather enjoyed Prost coming unglued