Garage floor makeover

westcobbdog

Any way to clear out the center and put a hand rail from where the end of the foosball table is to exit door? If you run a rail from their door to the corner, that would only leave a 3-4 ft. area they didn't have something to hold them up and if you wanted you could put a rail hinged to the wall with a hasp on the floor rail that whoever need to travel from one side of the garage to the other would have a gate.
Good suggestion but for now they have good mobility. I would say the escapability factor is rather high, too.

Dr. Strangelove

Great solution! You're a good man.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
That looks good!

westcobbdog

Wife ordered from Amazon. Can't ask her exactly where right now but a google result using " pvc plastic garage floor interlocking tiles" had a lot of results, the exact tile was under "Big Floors Diamond Durable Interlocking" and these tiles appear to be sold at Walmart and Home Depot. After being stumped for awhile on the correct install technique we watched a video of the flooring being installed with a foot stomping motion. It's really tight once snapped together and shows you where it's not with small raised seams. I used a rubber mallet and flat head screw driver mostly.

Last edited:

sleepr71

Good luck. Aging parents is like having a newborn back in your life..tough. Few other things that seems to minimize injuries: no throw rugs & pets laying around. Walk in showers + motion detected lights in bathrooms cut down on falls.

westcobbdog

Good luck. Aging parents is like having a newborn back in your life..tough. Few other things that seems to minimize injuries: no throw rugs & pets laying around. Walk in showers + motion detected lights in bathrooms cut down on falls.
yeah my father in law is retired military and 94. He's already cornered me once while installing the garage floor tiles scolding me for having stuff everywhere in the garage ( tried to explain its not the norm) with him basically saying all garage projects need to go through him, but that " he will work with me" and stuff that. Tryied my best not to lol. Put a padlock on my man cave door as he is a forager.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
yeah my father in law is retired military and 94. He's already cornered me once while installing the garage floor tiles scolding me for having stuff everywhere in the garage ( tried to explain its not the norm) with him basically saying all garage projects need to go through him, but that " he will work with me" and stuff that. Tryied my best not to lol. Put a padlock on my man cave door as he is a forager.
Understand fully.

Big7

The Oracle
Following. We’re about to re-coat our carport floor. I’m interested in the non slip information.
Watching.

My carport will need a facelift in the next few years.

Anything except bare concrete. I want something that can be cleaned or moped.