Gary Rossington Has passed...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
:cry: Durn. Kick in the guts. Gary was probably my all time favorite picker that I stole half my licks from, and the last original member still standing. RIP, brother Gary. Rock and Roll Heaven will be noisy tonight. :cry:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

bullgator

Dang. We have tickets to their concert this Saturday at the Florida Strawberry Festival in Plant City.
Skynyrd has been my #1 band since before the crash. This hurts.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The one Skynyrd song I tried to live my life by (not always successfully)
My heart aches, little blurry up in here.
I told the wife play this at my remembrance.

Dub

RIP.

I can't begin to get my mind wrapped around how integral his music has been in my life. Seems that Skynyrd was always playing at some point during every big event over the years.

Every gathering, party, hangout session, or even most of my grilling sessions back when I'd pop a top & turn on some tunes well before firing up the coals.

westcobbdog

Liked Gary especially after seeing the making of Lynyrd Skynyrd, the documentary. He was the last original member. He could make a guitar howl. Played hurt literally in Germany the very next day after getting cut in the hand by broken glass by mean as a hornet / drunken Ronnie Van Zant who was wasted on Scnapps for the first time. .

westcobbdog

RIP.

I can't begin to get my mind wrapped around how integral his music has been in my life. Seems that Skynyrd was always playing at some point during every big event over the years.

Every gathering, party, hangout session, or even most of my grilling sessions back when I'd pop a top & turn on some tunes well before firing up the coals.
"You got that right"

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Dang. We have tickets to their concert this Saturday at the Florida Strawberry Festival in Plant City.
Skynyrd has been my #1 band since before the crash. This hurts.
Young lady in my office has tickets. she told me this morning the concert has been canceled.

bullgator

Young lady in my office has tickets. she told me this morning the concert has been canceled.
Well dang. And I was looking for to all that traffic and $20 parking a 1/2 mile away. Skynyrd is the only reason I would go.