Gaston Glock

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Got one on my side right now.

Robert28

I have all sorts of guns, but when it comes to the polymer stuff I only own Glock. Have a 19, 43x, and recently a 42. Those are my only polymer handguns. I’ve tried other brands over the years but eventually sold them for one reason or another and always went back to Glock. I have some steel framed Sigs and a Ruger but for some reason it’s like Glock got the polymer gun right the first time and it’s obvious to this day.

Reactions: Dub

Liberty

Being an engineer, he created a mechanical masterpiece. Someone making “pretty guns” can make a fine pistol that runs for a whole lot more money, but a moderately priced workhorse that almost always works is a work of genius.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
It’s my carry, G19, goes bang every time, shoots as good as my aim. What more can one ask for?

ddavis1120

42, 43 or 22 (depending on what I'm wearing and where I'm going) is never far from me. In a life or death situation; it's hard to beat a Glock IMO.

Reactions: Dub

menhadenman

I was never really a Glock guy but finally picked a couple up over the last decade. You could probably argue that the 19 is the GOAT even though it’d hurt some feelings doing so.

Liberty

Imagine being the man who made instantly obsolete the 1911, everyone’s self defense revolvers, along with all semi-auto models of Beretta, Smith and Wesson, Colt, and the Browning Hi-Power in one swoop. Man should have been a billionaire with a hot wife.
AC78E336-7512-465D-9ECA-88B85CD27BF6.jpeg
Just kidding boys, put down the tar and feathers.

frankwright

As I understand it he has just been a figure head for a long time and is not really involved in the day to day operation.
Mrs Glock is pretty much running the show.

transfixer

Glocks are ugly, ergonomic as a brick, but they work, everytime ! he single handedly changed the standard law enforcement issue pistol, and to some extent the military standard also.

I wonder if since he's passed, whether they might change their offerings a bit, to align more with what the consumer wants ?