I’m going back to single stack for CC

Robert28

Most everyone is going double stack for concealed carry but I’m going the opposite direction. I’ve owned a P365 and a shield plus. Shot both guns very well but I was never 100% comfortable shooting them. I bought a 43x today and you know what, this gun fits me perfectly. Put 150 rounds through it and could have easily shot more. Didn’t get trigger slap that I’ve read on some forums, didn’t get “Glock knuckle”, nothing. My one and only complaint is loading rounds 8-10 is a bear. In fact, I had to shoot 9 rounds for several mags because that’s all I could get in there. Honestly the trigger on the 43x I picked up is just as good as the shield plus I had! The reset is exactly in the same spot as the shield plus, even. The slide is very easy to rack so if you are older with a weaker grip or want to buy a gun for your lady, seriously look at the 43x! Muzzle flip when shooting 115gr and 124gr was not noticeable at all. It could be just me in that I’m so used to my Glock 19 that that’s why the 43x fits so well and feels so familiar to me but I honestly don’t mind carrying 10 rounds in a gun I can shoot comfortable over one that carries 12-15 rounds that I’m constantly adjusting my grip every shot. I’m also a 1911 guy so single stacks don’t worry me at all :bounce:

Jester896

Senior Clown
I like mine for carry.

You can get a Shield S15 mag for it and increase the capacity to 15. I have one but haven't used it. It is a metal mag and might require you to swap the release. I understand that the factory release gets chewed up from the metal mag and the metal release also chews up the factory mags. I thought about just inserting the mag for carry only.

It is a tough decision to take something that for the most part is 100% reliable and make it less than that :huh:

Robert28

I like mine for carry.

You can get a Shield S15 mag for it and increase the capacity to 15. I have one but haven't used it. It is a metal mag and might require you to swap the release. I understand that the factory release gets chewed up from the metal mag and the metal release also chews up the factory mags. I thought about just inserting the mag for carry only.

It is a tough decision to take something that for the most part is 100% reliable and make it less than that :huh:
Do those mags sit flush? I’ve looked into buying one to try out.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I haven't taken it out of the bag...but the floor plate is the same thickness as the original so it should be as "flush" as the original

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I’m a SIG guy but by all means, if the 43X is what feels right, tote it. And you hit the nail on the head with the round count. Means nothing if you’re not comfy with it.

Robert28

I’m a SIG guy but by all means, if the 43X is what feels right, tote it. And you hit the nail on the head with the round count. Means nothing if you’re not comfy with it.
Sig got everything right about the P365 but the grip, my hands just aren’t made for it for whatever reason. I even held a p365xl and an x today and while they felt better they still didn’t feel 100% comfortable. If I could put the sig slide with their sights on the 43x frame I’d have the ideal carry gun.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Sig got everything right about the P365 but the grip, my hands just aren’t made for it for whatever reason. I even held a p365xl and an x today and while they felt better they still didn’t feel 100% comfortable. If I could put the sig slide with their sights on the 43x frame I’d have the ideal carry gun.
Funny how were all different. I sold my 43X the day I held a P365. Doubt I’ll ever carry anything else but have a STRONG hankering for a Staccato C2.

Last edited:

Robert28

Funny how were are all different. I sold my 43X the day I held a P365. Doubt I’ll ever carry anything else but have a STRONG hankering for a Staccato C2.
Yeah I bought the P365 without holding one first (ordered it online) and that was my fault, not the guns.

snuffy

I put a Hogue Grip Sleeve on my P365 and it made a world of difference.
Amazon $15.00
Bought one for my son but he didn't like it.

transfixer

Tried a 43 years back, didn't care for it, hard for me to shoot accurately with it, tried a Springfield xds, very accurate, didn't care for the feel of it though, tried a Shield, very accurate, hated the "broken" trigger, gun felt too big for the limited round count, carried a CZp10s for a while, liked it, accurate, very good ergonomics, 12+ one round count, was satisfied with it until I tried a p365, perfect for me, felt good, shot great, same round count as the CZ after I added an XL frame,

Glocks work, everytime, but they could do much better with ergonomics for most people, basically Glock is like the original VW bug, works, dependable, but basic and not for everyone

paulito

Agreed on everyone being different. I've never liked glocks. Never felt right to me. The shield also felt weird being single stack but larger frame. I found and absolutely love my Walther ppq sub compact. Shoot it great and feels great to hold and carry. That said my LCP is in my pocket every single day. Ha

krizia829

Less capacity, but great choice for replacement! I personally love the 48 more than the 43 or 43x but being female, my hands are smaller, thus my grip on a single stack fits great.

I just got my replacement m&p shield from s&w and I'm actually thinking of selling it to get the Glock 48 instead. Although the Shield is an awesome handgun, I'm not very happy with s&w's warranty service.

I already have an m&p40c and the m&p22 compact. I'd like something different..

Balrog

I have mostly been carrying a 43X since they came out. It feels good, 100% reliable, and shoots accurately. Only 2 things I don’t like about it are the standard Glock sights and the grip is just a hair long. The main issue for me with the sights is the white U on the rear sight. But that is an easy enough fix, I actually have a set of XS big dot sights I bought as replacement, just haven’t taken the time to swap them out yet.

The Sig P365 is a great gun too, and the shorter grip makes concealment easier and more comfortable, but at the price of making the gun not as comfortable to hold.

I like the Sig P365XL better than the standard P365. Grip is still a little shorter than the G43X, but long enough to be more comfortable that the P365, plus the magazine in P365XL holds 12 rounds.

All 3 are good guns though.

frankwright

I had and carried a 43X for a good while. I also had a Sig 365. I went back and forth trying to decide.
The Glock felt better in my hand but I shot the Sig better.
I alternating carrying for a few weeks at a time and also alternated range trips.
It was neck and neck until I put the Wilson XL grip on the Sig.
I sold the Glock to a family member and he loves it.
I held a G48 for the first time the other day, it is an interesting pistol.

I also have a Ruger LCP max in my pocket when I am home, always!