Giant Skeletons, Madoc, Trans-Atlantic Migrations, and other Ancient Musings

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I see that also from looking at the site that the remains of a Nazi officer were recently found inside a 100 year old catfish, wild chimpanzees have now learned to make and use fire and cook their food, and that a 40-ft long extinct Megaladon shark was caught by fishermen in Pakistan. I'm surprised that other news media sites repress these types of stories.

apoint

There has been several giants found of this size in the past and not just in Israel. I for one will believe the Bible. There are several places in the bible that speak of Giants.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
There were accounts of giant skeletons found in the eastern US back in the late 1700s/early 1800s. The Cherokee also have a tradition of a race of giants. I was simply pointing out that this particular website seems to be filled with made-up news.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I was simply pointing out that this particular website seems to be filled with made-up news.

Not to mention the accompanying photograph is obviously a photoshop job.

9-foot-giant1.png

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
There were accounts of giant skeletons found in the eastern US back in the late 1700s/early 1800s. The Cherokee also have a tradition of a race of giants. I was simply pointing out that this particular website seems to be filled with made-up news.

Those were the "Azgens". Supposedly, the Welsh, who came to this continent in 1170 AD, with the Welsh prince, Madoc.

It is some interesting study, for sure. I`ve done some extensive research on it, and it does make a lot of sense. Especially when you take into account the downfall of some of the Missisippian and Hopewell cultures, and the possible introduction of Old World diseases.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten

I saw a documentary about giant skeletons found in MN and WI. Interesting topic that raises biblical and possibly crypto issues if true. NCH is spot on about the referenced link though.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Those were the "Azgens". Supposedly, the Welsh, who came to this continent in 1170 AD, with the Welsh prince, Madoc.

It is some interesting study, for sure. I`ve done some extensive research on it, and it does make a lot of sense. Especially when you take into account the downfall of some of the Missisippian and Hopewell cultures, and the possible introduction of Old World diseases.

There is some pretty good evidence for Madoc coming here. I have a couple books that are fairly convincing. One theory is that the Mandan Indians were the last remnant of the Welsh bloodline, intermixed with Native American blood for hundreds of years. Louis and Clark described them as having completely different religious and cultural systems from any other tribes in the area. And apparently commonly had a percentage of people in the tribe with red hair and blue eyes.

Unfortunately, they were completely wiped out by smallpox in the early 1800s.

I believe that folks from all over the world have been coming here for thousands of years.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
There is some pretty good evidence for Madoc coming here. I have a couple books that are fairly convincing. One theory is that the Mandan Indians were the last remnant of the Welsh bloodline, intermixed with Native American blood for hundreds of years. Louis and Clark described them as having completely different religious and cultural systems from any other tribes in the area. And apparently commonly had a percentage of people in the tribe with red hair and blue eyes.

Unfortunately, they were completely wiped out by smallpox in the early 1800s.

I believe that folks from all over the world have been coming here for thousands of years.

One of these days, we shall have a long interesting talk over a fire, you and me. :cheers:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Dr. Strangelove

I believe it's fairly obvious that statement is true. Folks just don't seem to want to believe that people could make those types of journeys in antiquity, but why not? It's a mistake to think that people thousands of years ago were any less intelligent or curious than we are today. If anything, they were probably more curious.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I believe it's fairly obvious that statement is true. Folks just don't seem to want to believe that people could make those types of journeys in antiquity, but why not? It's a mistake to think that people thousands of years ago were any less intelligent or curious than we are today. If anything, they were probably more curious.

If the Egyptians could build pyramids that are designed according to advanced astronomical principles, they could probably build a ship that could float across the Atlantic. The Vikings did it in 1,000 AD. Pyramids in South America and cocaine traces found in Egyptian mummies pretty much bear that fact out. Not to mention Olmec sculptures that look exactly like African people.

Jeff Phillips

I read a book on Madoc several years ago. The premise was that he sailed to America, returned to Wales for settlers, then sailed back. There are rock walls on the Cumberland Plateau that are attributed to the Welsh. Many believe the Mungelon folks in SW VA and E Tenn were Welsh mixed with natives.

I am in Newfoundland this week and there are Viking settlements dating back over 1000 years. A new one was found in March.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I read a book on Madoc several years ago. The premise was that he sailed to America, returned to Wales for settlers, then sailed back. There are rock walls on the Cumberland Plateau that are attributed to the Welsh. Many believe the Mungelon folks in SW VA and E Tenn were Welsh mixed with natives.

I am in Newfoundland this week and there are Viking settlements dating back over 1000 years. A new one was found in March.

The Welsh, Vikings, Phoenecians, and others create an interesting point of view on the early history of this country, and who visited it in the past, Jeff. I`m sure more discoveries will come to light in the future. I really hope I can see some of them.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I copied this thread here from the Spiritual Forum so that we could discuss the non-religious aspects without clogging up the spiritual forums. I find this kind of stuff fascinating myself.

James Mooney spent a couple years among the Cherokee of western NC in the late 1800s interviewing the oldest, most traditional non-English speaking tribal elders that he could find. He collected a huge amount of traditions, stories, history, and religious beliefs of the tribe. One of the traditions he found was the persistent claim that when the Cherokee first arrived in what is now western NC and eastern TN, the area was inhabited by a tribe of white-skinned people.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Google Nephilim Chronicles. There have been several of theses finds about 2 miles from here on the Red River.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have also read about red-haired mummies found in caves in KY.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Not to take away from the current conversation, but it took about 10 seconds to find the original photograph of the "archaeologist" pictured in the original article.

304.jpg