Glascock County 2019 Reports

Big Buck Hunter

Well the Saturday of the opener the boys and I sat around talking and watching it flood. First time I can remember rain like that on the opener. Sunday spikes, does and small basket racks were seen. Acorns dropping like crazy and the food plots really needed the rain. Did see a few scrapes and rubs but relatively few shots heard this past weekend.

duckyaker90

I didn’t hear near as many shots as I usually do. Food plots are thriving after all the rain. We have a good acorn crop hitting the ground as well. Have seen a few scrapes here and there. Game check results show 77 deer were killed in Glascock over the weekend. That’s a grand total of 128 so far this year.

Last edited:

Big Buck Hunter

Well sitting in the blind this morning after the rain. Starting to cool down some. Last few days it’s been warm here and not much activity. Plenty of trail cam pics of does but no pics of anything behind them. Food plots looking real good and acorns dropping. Hoping this cold snap this weekend will get them moving. Good luck everyone.

Big Buck Hunter

It was like a light switch turned on Saturday morning the 9th. Deer were seen everywhere. A nice 7 point was taken Saturday morning. The rut was on for sure last weekend. Hopefully its still going on this weekend.

duckyaker90

Saturday they were on their feet. Sunday we saw a lot of movement right at 9. Trail cams from Sunday night until yesterday lots of mid to late afternoon movement and 3am to sunrise. Seeing some mature deer showing up on camera. Some have dark hocks some don’t. Hopefully it will rain all day and quit late this afternoon. May try to squeeze a sit in this evening.

Big Buck Hunter

Got down to camp Friday afternoon and it was pouring so decided to wait until Saturday morning to hunt only to wake up to more rain. Did get into the stand about 10 and stayed the rest of Saturday. Did see two small bucks but nothing of any size. Buddy killed a doe but that's it. Sunday there were a lot of shots until the wind picked up then nothing. Bucks still working scrapes but maybe the rut is over with. Back to hunting food sources.