Going to Oconee Wed. Where are the crappie biting?

RamblinWreck

Been to Sugar Creek ramp twice, but want to expand my knowledge to other ramps. Was thinking of going either up north at Blue Springs or Swords, or down south to Long Branch. Hoping the crappie are shallow spawning. Last times I went, I long-line trolled and did ok, but I'm taking a friend and we want to cast jigs and basically single-pole fish for them.

Not asking for waypoints, just general info on what parts of the lake are producing. Thanks!

DeucesWild

I was spider rigging on the Appalachee side just north of Blue Springs this past Saturday and saw some locals catching them off of their docks right up against the bank in 1' of water on minnows. Water temp was 63 degs in the back of the coves i was in.

RamblinWreck

Went to Blue Springs and fished the north end. Managed enough slabs for supper; and a bunch of small ones released, but the bite was slow. Caught some long lining, and some casting jigs. Also caught a hybrid and 2 blue cats on jigs. Junebug/chartreuse and BG Twilight were colors bit. Did a lot of casting up shallow looking for spawning fish, but found none.

RamblinWreck

Took about 8 home for supper. Let the rest go, prob caught 20. Enjoyed the day!