Golf Cart

1gr8bldr

Been looking for a golf cart. Decided to go with gas. Bought a 2011 EZgo. Rather than buy one with the look we wanted but could not justify in cost, we bought a plain version. I have several questions. I plan to install rear seat, bigger wheels and tires and lift kit. As it is now, it does not want to creep along. Owner said he changed something. It only goes at peak speed. I want it to creep along and the pedal be used to change speeds rather than as it is now, only fast. Another issue, when I change to bigger tires, is this going to magnify it's inability to cruise at creeping speeds. As is now, it's not relaxing to drive. I'm new to golf carts so all info shared will be interesting.

rjcruiser

I'm at a bit of a loss since I've got more experience with electric carts than gas...but, if I recall the 2 that I have had (CC and Yamaha), I didn't know there was a way to have a gas cart full on. I thought it had a throttle hooked up to the carb and as you pushed on the pedal, it would give it gas? It then had a belt/clutch/transmission that as the clutch spun, would force the clutch/transmission assy to open up and produce less torque and higher speeds.

Yes, bigger tires will decrease torque and increase top speed, but probably not too much for you to notice a huge decrease in torque.

Check ebay for accessories. Lots of aftermarket places to get them. I believe the last rear seat kit I got was out of Greenville SC area.

Also, check out buggiesgonewild.com It's a forum like this only for carts.

Red dirt clod

Contact previous owner

And find out what he modified to make it full on only and undo it. Had one at work for several years with lift and bigger tires, slightly lower torque but not enough o matter.

1gr8bldr

I got around to looking under the hood, so to speak. It had adjustment. Easy enough

rjcruiser

I got around to looking under the hood, so to speak. It had adjustment. Easy enough

Good to hear. Thanks for updating...I was curious;)