Good to see!

RWilk10

I have been getting a few photos Poults at my feeder lately. Also while putting in summer plots last week, I was riding from one plot to another, I seen a hen with at least 3 poults in the field (high grass). This is good to see, hope they make it.

Attachments

• 5F1EC019-6F4A-4878-8489-AF0341916FF4.jpeg
    5F1EC019-6F4A-4878-8489-AF0341916FF4.jpeg
    763.3 KB · Views: 86

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yes it is ! One of my favorite things to see in the outdoors

Hickory Nut

Great to see for sure. I have been keeping an eye out for the hatch I witnessed but haven’t come across them yet. I’ve got some cameras set up so maybe I’ll get lucky like you did.

RWilk10

I am glad they made it. How old before they can fly up and roost in the evening ?
I personally had to look this up. I was unsure myself. When the poults are between 4 and 5 weeks old, they are able to fly 25 – 50 feet and begin to roost in trees with their mother. Turkeys learn from each other, usually by imitating older birds.

RWilk10

Great to see for sure. I have been keeping an eye out for the hatch I witnessed but haven’t come across them yet. I’ve got some cameras set up so maybe I’ll get lucky like you did.
Next day, got a picture of a mature bobcat in the same area. Cat surely needs to be dismissed.