Google is still tracking you even if you turn location off

NOYDB

BANNED
That's not the point. Its invasion of privacy if you choose not to be location logged.

There are two ways to beat the info system. Disappear, hard to do these days and still have a life. Or overwhelm it with massive amounts of info. Some might even be real. I don't have, and don't expect, any privacy, and don't care.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Most new phones have RFID or similar form of chips in them. Even with the phone turned off if you pass by an RFID reader and the right agency is looking for your chip you can be tracked.

My friends with the US Marshals office have some really cool tools for finding felons. Just imagine what more the other Intel agencies have. And if you believe they need a warrant to do this you might be sadly mistaken.

You cannot hide from big brother. ;)

gunnurse

The ghastly beast
Has left it’s mark.

They know where you shop,
They know where you park.

They know when you’re away,
They know when you’re home.

All because of your cell phone. :hair:

someguyintraffic

The ghastly beast
Has left it’s mark.

They know where you shop,
They know where you park.

They know when you’re away,
They know when you’re home.

All because of your cell phone. :hair:
Edgar, is that you?

someguyintraffic

Most new phones have RFID or similar form of chips in them. Even with the phone turned off if you pass by an RFID reader and the right agency is looking for your chip you can be tracked.

My friends with the US Marshals office have some really cool tools for finding felons. Just imagine what more the other Intel agencies have. And if you believe they need a warrant to do this you might be sadly mistaken.

You cannot hide from big brother. ;)
Big brother is one thing and if youre raising flags and big brother wants to find you they will regardless of cell phones.

I just don't want Google tracking every location Ive been to so they can flood every forum I visit with ads related to somewhere I ate or shopped or something I bought. I don't want them having my profile habits. What do they need to keep up with me for anyways? I leave the house for work and thats about it.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I use a burner phone, and keep the battery out of it until I make a call. Once I make the call, I crush it with a hammer and spread the parts out between 3 or 4 trash cans. When I get home, I break out a new burner phone.

I keep a drawer full of the burner phones that I ordered with my Amazon Alexa.

someguyintraffic

I use a burner phone, and keep the battery out of it until I make a call. Once I make the call, I crush it with a hammer and spread the parts out between 3 or 4 trash cans. When I get home, I break out a new burner phone.

I keep a drawer full of the burner phones that I ordered with my Amazon Alexa.
Lol

jeardley

This reminds me of something I noticed recently. If i research something on my computer at work, say "Blue Ridge, Ga Hotels". When I get home that evening and open the interweb on my phone Lo and behold an add for hotels in Blue Ridge shows up. Every single thing we do electronically is tracked by someone, somewhere, for some reason or another.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
yup. About the only way to keep it from tracking you is to not use cell phones and not use computers.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
yup. About the only way to keep it from tracking you is to not use cell phones and not use computers.

And don't forget your TV. Oh, and your car. Oh and your refrigerator annnnnddd washer and dryer, your range, grill, dishwasher, you name it. Many people have all these things jacked into the web these days and then wanna complain about not having any privacy