Got me a NC fishing license!

Dialer

Purchased me a 2024 North Carolina inland fishing license tonight in search of many more trout habitats / fisheries. The only places I’ve heard of to fish in NC is the Nantahala, and in Gatlinburgh / Cherokee….I see the”Valley River” a lot enroute to Cherokee, but not sure where to fish on it. Their “where to fish” map only shows two “dots” in Andrews, with directions. Thinking of taking my little camper to the RV park there soon. Any pointers would be appreciated! I live in Cleveland Georgia.

Attachments

• IMG_0329.jpeg
    IMG_0329.jpeg
    445.6 KB · Views: 15

flyrod444

After they are stocked in October there are some good delayed harvest streams in that area. Fires creek, upper Nantahala, snowbird, and the Tuckasegee river. There are thousands of miles of wild trout streams as well, between the smokies and forest service land. Just stay away from posted land and you should find some great fishing. In N. C. Purple paint on trees means the area is posted so avoid those ares as well.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Almost any place that's wet in western NC has trout in it. The stocked streams aren't as good this time of year, becuase they usually quit stocking about July, but they will still have some holdover fish and wild fish in most if you get away from the roadside holes. There are thousands of miles of wild trout water, too. Literally almost every creek has trout in it.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
This link works for me but I've sent to another person who said they couldn't open it. If you can't try getting it from NC.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Single hooks lures and single hook flies starting Oct 1st

Most Walmarts sell a few single hook spinners or jigs
I know what single hook spinner I'd buy and it is a Mepps.