Grandsons, Pullets and Proper Pull-Downs!!

olcaptain

Grandsons, Pullets and Proper Pull-Downs!!

This whole saga started out because of a window of opportunity. To begin with, I had a chance to go to Milledgeville Wednesday afternoon to visit my two youngest Grandsons. Because of another window I was able to stay until this morning!! If you ever get a chance to “come see ‘em” you will thoroughly love and enjoy four year old Gage “Frog” Brown and his 8 month old sidekick, Carter “Tadpole” Brown!

LoodyVisit020_zps90acd66f.jpg

LoodyVisit021_zpsd59f2a30.jpg

LoodyVisit019_zps32b23f9b.jpg

We had the best time Wednesday night, Thursday night and part of this morning. It was one of my favorite visits ever! But (change of direction) on Thursday I had a chance to spend a bit of time Carpin !

Ricky Boleman from downtown Royston, Georgia had recently contacted me about enrolling in a session of “Carpin with the Captain 101”. Ricky is a Chicken Farmer in Royston and I thought it would be great to do a little educational exchange with him. I figured while I was expounding on bite alarms, hair rigs and Puffology Ricky could share with this ol city boy the nuances of raising chickens! More than that, I hoped that it would give me an opportunity to make a new friend!

LoodyVisit014_zps726d746d.jpg

Folks, it was almost automatic! This man walked down the hill to the dock and immediately he yelled “Pullet” and a rod went down!!!

LoodyVisit015_zps541706e4.jpg

LoodyVisit008_zps38f8718b.jpg

LoodyVisit013_zpscf8ab4de.jpg

Within minutes of our meeting Ricky had already deposited Gold on the bank!!

For the next several hours time flew by for me. We openly shared about the most important things in our lives. Oddly enough, the topics all began with the letter “F”.

Faith
Family
Food
Fishing

During the course of our conversation I also shared a few Carpin tips and in turn, I learned some of the finer points of Fryers, Pullets and Broilers.

Occasionally we would be interrupted by a screaming run (Proper Pull Down) but Ricky never got his feathers ruffled one little bit. He handled each catch like a pro!!

LoodyVisit011_zpsc541e4f8.jpg

LoodyVisit010_zpse0104bd4.jpg

LoodyVisit009_zps44f3e110.jpg

In fact, at one point the voice of WKORN was able to get Ricky live fighting a Ghost of Gold!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9MULXd9KJs&feature=share&list=UUZG1x0W0nMECY_4Flcq2rDg

It was a great day at one of my favorite venues and I hope to be back there real soon!

LoodyVisit006_zpsf0a2178f.jpg

LoodyVisit002_zps9f618825.jpg

LoodyVisit004_zps96bef069.jpg

I’d like to thank Ricky for joining me and I hope that you have enjoyed the reading. If you ever get a chance, Come see us!!

photo9_zps0811fe14.jpg

Last edited:

Pauley

Great post!! One day I am going to sneak out of work to come say hello, until then keep making feel like I was there.

RBoleman

Thanks Olcaptain

I had a great time and absolutely enjoyed every minute we spent together!! I will have to say if i can help it it will not be my last time visiting. Again thanks for the fellowship the fish were just a bonus!!!!!

God Bless