Great read from QDMA’s ongoing research efforts

patcavscout

Good read. Thanks for sharing. For the most part I really am impressed with the work they do. We need more science based conservation policies and better informed hunters. Their stance on the deer baiting issue here in Georgia kind of disappointed me. But hey, still happier with them than I am the NRA.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
While QDMA does fund some of their own research, most of what they report on is actually university/state wildlife agency collaborative research paid for by excise taxes on firearms and ammunition and hunting license sales. QDMA does an excellent job taking the very technical information and relating to the public. As far as most of the research, hunters should thank themselves for making it possible.

BornToHuntAndFish

Good stuff. Thanks.

Jim Boyd

Excellent read.

Thanks for posting.

Long Cut

While QDMA does fund some of their own research, most of what they report on is actually university/state wildlife agency collaborative research paid for by excise taxes on firearms and ammunition and hunting license sales. QDMA does an excellent job taking the very technical information and relating to the public. As far as most of the research, hunters should thank themselves for making it possible.

Regardless of their position on researching deer, their strategy and cooperation with State agencies has been effective in regards to informing the general public.

XJfire75

@XJfire75, thanks for sharing my article here! Greatly appreciated, and thanks to all for the kind words about the work we do at QDMA, and to those who are members. FYI, our Georgia Branch volunteers have banquets coming up in Macon (August 24), Athens (September 28), and Savannah (October). Come out and support them!

Had no idea you were a member! Shoulda known.

I’ll definitely try to make the Savannah banquet.

Keep up the good work!

uturn

I found the rain fall effect on the fawns most eye opening to me...although I've always been aware their plight...and I've noticed it seems bucks thieve during wetter years...thanks for sharing!