Grilled Turkey Breast

GobblingDawg

I have several halves of boneless wild turkey breast (from last year) that I need to cook to make room for this upcoming year's meat. :shoot: ::; :shoot:

A buddy of mine just left saying that he enjoys it marinated in Italian dressing overnight and cooked on the ole Weber grill. I am thawing the some meat out right now and I just made a trek to grocery store for the dressing.

:yeah:

Anybody want to give me any pointers or suggestions before I grill tomorrow?

:huh:

Go Dawgs and come on turkey season!!!
GobblingDawg

Greg Tench

G Dawg

Never tried it that way, have always deep fried mine. Also have used turkey breast to make some good turkey salad for sandwiches. Good luck grilling, maybe some body can give you tips on what is best. Let us know how it turns out. :pop:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
I like to wrap them in bacon and smokem.....umumum...:D

Just takem right off the smoker and slicem up, they make a great sandwich as well.

IMO, it don't get no better than that... ;)

GobblingDawg

The meat just fully thawed out so I put it in a medium sized plastic bowl and put about 1/2 bottle of zesty Italian dressing on it. I put the top on it and sloshed it around real good.

:D :D :D

I guess tomorrow I will have a medium heat fire in the grill and throw that big hunk of gobbler on it and see what happens next. My buddy said to watch it pretty close since it is marinating in the dressing so it doesn't flame up.

Milton, I think I will cut it in half and wrap bacon around that piece.

Anybody else want to chime in?

Go Dawgs and come on turkey season,
GobblingDawg
:cool: :banana: :whip: :shoot: :clap:

Kdog

You may also want to wrap it in foil to avoid the flare ups, Then remove the foil for the final browning.

Kdog

Arrow3

Jack?

Be real careful cooking it...Wild turkey breast will dry out QUICK...I have cooked some upnder to much heat and it wasn't fit to eat...The next I cooked under a slower flame and brushed sause on it whie it cooked...It was GREAT!! :cool:

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Let Us Know How It Was. If It's Better Than Deep Fried It'll Be Illegal!