GTA Fall Convention

famlytraprz

September 14-15 will be our fall trapping convention in Augusta, Ga. Directions and specifics will be on our GTA website. There will be a live trapline that will be checked everyday at 0630a, all animals other than coyotes will be released. Demos will go on throughout the day for all furbearers, I will be doing one Saturday morning along with many others. Mark June will be back this year with his lures and endless knowledge on coyotes. He will be doing a coyote demo also, if you have never talked coyotes with Mark, you've really missed something. There will be a 5$ admission fee for adults this year, with a maximum of $20 a family for the whole weekend. Come spend a weekend of nothing but trapping, activities will go on throughout the day for children. Let me know if you have any questions. Rob

Droptine1969

Can you post the sunday schedule when possible? Our saturdays will be consumed by football but am sure all 3 boys would LOVE to spend the day sunday honing their craft.

famlytraprz

Is this open to non members?
Yes our convention is open to everyone that would like to attend, hope to see you there. We actually have some sponsors this year so we will see how that goes. We could also use some more members, its only $15 for a year membership without the magazine. Rob

famlytraprz

Can you post the sunday schedule when possible? Our saturdays will be consumed by football but am sure all 3 boys would LOVE to spend the day sunday honing their craft.
I can't remember exactly what order Sundays demos go but the trapline will be at daylight. We usually talk Mark into another demo on Sunday also. I think Patrick Dupree will be doing an otter demo on Sunday, he is one of if not the best otter man in the state. Also Jerry Lee sold his lure business and the buyer has said he will be there, I tried to by it myself..:D

Droptine1969

I can't remember exactly what order Sundays demos go but the trapline will be at daylight. We usually talk Mark into another demo on Sunday also. I think Patrick Dupree will be doing an otter demo on Sunday, he is one of if not the best otter man in the state. Also Jerry Lee sold his lure business and the buyer has said he will be there, I tried to by it myself..:D

Is there a common hotel everyone is staying at? We will ride over and spend the night after the last game.

famlytraprz

Is there a common hotel everyone is staying at? We will ride over and spend the night after the last game.
I'll get a name, number and rate when I get the info. Some things still haven't been finalized yet, we may also have barbeque catered but that's not 100% yet also. Rob

javery

I probably won't be able to go to Augusta. Who is the new owner of Jerry Lee's business?

famlytraprz

I probably won't be able to go to Augusta. Who is the new owner of Jerry Lee's business?
Its a fellow from Florida, the name of his business is Papaws Trading Post, I think. He should be sending out catalogs soon to everyone on Jerry Lee's mailing list and has all of Jerry's recipes. He is supposed to be at the convention. Rob

Tider79

Will there be any fur handling demonstrations and any vendors selling fur handling supplies, fleshing beams, etc.?

famlytraprz

Not sure about whole fleshing beams but you could probably contact a vendor and they may bring you one. I just got word that Dobbins Lures will be there too. We usually do fur handling demos but I'm not sure who will be doing those, I think I was volunteered to do a muskrat demo Saturday. Rob

famlytraprz

Paul Dobbins has confirmed he will be at our Sept. 14-15th convention, along with his great line of lures. Paul is the man behind Trapperman.com and Dobbins lures, and if you have never tried his lures, they are 2nd to none. Rob

buttplate

GTA Convention

For those who are wondering if this convention will be fun, informative and educational, rest assured that you can not spend a weekend having more fun with better folks.

I attended the convention year before last and was hooked. No better place to learn about trapping.

I found that my hunting club has our "mandantory" work weekend that weekend so I too will not be able to attend.

For many reasons I did not get to put a trap in the dirt last year but am getting things ready for this years season and looking forward to my first catch.

Everyone have a blast at the convention and post lots of pictures of the trap line catches.