GTA Updates and NAFA fur pickup date

famlytraprz

The Georgia Trappers Association has set up a fur pickup date with a NAFA representative on April 12th, from 8am until noon. This is for finished fur only. All you need is your trapping, drivers license. All otter and bobcats will need the appropriate tags before the exchange. Also it was announced that our fall convention would be held again in Augusta, Ga in 2014, that has been changed to Barnesville, Ga. I'll probably be in charge of the trap line and I promise, there will be more than 6 traps set on the live trap line. All current members please renew your memberships and any interested trappers, sign up and help us protect this great sport. Rob

famlytraprz

I forgot, it will be in Perry, Ga in the Ramada Inn parking lot, this is the fur pickup date. Our Spring Fling will be held in Metter, Ga for anyone interested in attending. We will have some fur handeling demos if everyone ain't give out after preparing their own fur and other demos as well. Rob

JonathonJEB

Thanks rob. Im going to try to attend both depending on the dates.

QuackHead90

do you need to be a member of anything to exchange furs with NAFA?

sportsman94

Will the fur picked up in April make it to that auction for nafa? I know they said the last receiving date is March 10 so I didnt know if going through the rep means that is no longer the case.

famlytraprz

do you need to be a member of anything to exchange furs with NAFA?
No you don't have to be a GTA member to exchange your furs for the auction. This is a service set up a year in advance to save trappers money. I hope you would consider joining but its not mandatory, you don't have to be a member to attend our conventions either, hope to see you there. Rob

famlytraprz

Will the fur picked up in April make it to that auction for nafa? I know they said the last receiving date is March 10 so I didnt know if going through the rep means that is no longer the case.
The auction our fur went to last year was the May-June auction and it was the 3rd week of March last year. I would mail it if you are hoping for an earlier auction. I can use the extra time for fur preparation and a buddy of mine that just retired has 800 pelts to get ready and he just started today. Rob