Gun range lawsuit

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I predict this lawsuit fails.

DAVE

The neighbor wants the gun range shut down because he is afraid his horse will jump out from under him, that is one of the best reasons for shutting down someone's business I have ever heard.

Toliver

The neighbor wants the gun range shut down because he is afraid his horse will jump out from under him, that is one of the best reasons for shutting down someone's business I have ever heard.
Sounds to me like he needs to train his horse better.

Big7

The Oracle
I guess it depends if the range was there before the residences and all involved knew whatzz up. Obviously it had to be described and zoned as a business.

I can see both sides and wouldn't want to be one or the other.

bullgator

They can buy the gun range property for a price that allows them to make the move to a better location. If not, they can accept property rights.

Geffellz18

I believe a similar suit was filed about ma decade or so ago against the skeet range up in Dawsonville-They’re still shooting up there on the daily!
Highly doubt there would be a different outcome in this case.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I guess it depends if the range was there before the residences and all involved knew whatzz up. Obviously it had to be described and zoned as a business.

I can see both sides and wouldn't want to be one or the other.

None of that matters. What matters is what the zoning law says and how the property is zoned. Sounds like it was zoned to allow a shooting range. End of discussion.

Big7

The Oracle
None of that matters. What matters is what the zoning law says and how the property is zoned. Sounds like it was zoned to allow a shooting range. End of discussion.
I said that too.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I love the "It's not a gun issue, I support the 2A, but"...
Bullhockey...it is a gun issue. Typical democrat opening on gun issues/rights

Dub

When buying property....it behooves one to perform due diligence on zoning.

Skip this step and possibly cry later.
Nobody will want to hear your bawling.

It is simply an application of the Mess around and find out principle.

Homeowners messed around at a level of 4 to find out they are at fault of their current situation.

GeorgiaBob

The was, once upon a time, a nice range in south Camden County just a couple of miles from exit 1 off I-95. When the range and gun shop first opened all the land around it was pine trees or marsh and the nearest neighbor was a gas station more than a mile away. Over the years somebody bought up the pine lands on both sides of the range and started selling off one to five acre lots.

About twenty years ago the people who bought land next to an active rifle and pistol range started complaining about the noise. The range owner actually responded with larger berms and a sound reducing overhead cover at the shooting positions. The new neighbors still complained. The about a dozen years ago the county gave in to the whiners and rezoned the range - put it out of business.

But hey, Camden County stepped up and after just 11 years and about 8 million dollars of taxpayer money, they built a new, county owned, range. So what if the new range is 25 miles west of where everybody lives, sits - literally - next to a land fill, and costs four times what the old private range owner charged his customers. The county commissioners got to enrich their friends with pieces of the many contracts and anyone who wants to drive for over a half hour and spend too much just to use a range can once again find a rifle/pistol range in Camden County.

Dub

These whining loudmouth yankees will keep on until they get their way.....and shut the range down.

It'll then be vacant land that will soon be inhabited by mobile meth labs and such.

I amend my former statement.

They are messing around and will find out at a higher level when the quiet & peaceable methheads come slithering in.

Stroker

Shut down the range and build four chicken houses or slat houses for pigs. Give them a whiff of that 7/24/365 instead of a little gun fire every now and then.