Gunsmith on west side of Atlanta ?

transfixer

anyone know of a good gunsmith on the West side of Atlanta ? I'm in Douglasville but willing to drive a ways, I've got a couple of things I'd like to get done, a blueing job for one, and some relatively simple drilling and tapping for scope mounts that I would probably do myself, as I have a drill press and machinist vise, but just as soon pay someone to do it

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Bobs custom firearms palmetto 770.463.4140 never used him but heard good things about him....
He‘s done good work for me.

mwood1985

A little bit of a drive north but Kenny at The Gun Pro Shop in Ellijay has built a couple rifles for me. Classic Mauser 98 actions. Just picked up one yesterday. He does great work

transfixer

I thought Gables in Douglasville has a gunsmith?

They used to I believe, and maybe they do ? I've never cared to deal with them, and I've tried to a few times over the years, they've never been very customer friendly in my opinion, kinda arrogant, and that doesn't sit well with me

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
They used to I believe, and maybe they do ? I've never cared to deal with them, and I've tried to a few times over the years, they've never been very customer friendly in my opinion, kinda arrogant, and that doesn't sit well with me
Yep! I haven't darkened their door steps for nearly 40 years and will never do so again. The words I'd use to describe them would get me kick'd off here.