Harder than woodpecker lips!!!!! DIY Project

Gobbler Down

I got tired of trying to remove tiny screws that were made of quality material with a substandard and often short-lived flat tip screwdriver. Here's a 15 minute project that will pay dividends for years to come.

Pick yourself up a couple of lengths and different diameters of drill rod. It's tough....and durable.

On a knife grinder wheel radius or using a dremel tool, just form the size you need, polish up a bit and press/pound into your handle material...in this case a piece of ironwood from the bottom of my scrap box.

I use the drill rod to make custom Glock tools for Christmas and birthday gifts for my fellow 2nd Amendment supporters.

Take care and be safe during this Memorial Day weekend. If you drive past a flag that's faded, tattered and torn, taking its last breath in someone's yard....stop and ask them if they would like you to replace it for them. That usually lights a small fire underneath and moves them to action. Sometimes. I've purchased and given away maybe 10 flags to replace those in distress over the past 6 years and for the sheer joy that it brings, it's worth it.

Hooah!

CW5 (Ret) Jim Patrick

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
— G.K. Chesterton

Attachments

• P1030715.jpg
    P1030715.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 461
  • P1030714.jpg
    P1030714.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_2583.jpg
    IMG_2583.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 458
  • P1030716.jpg
    P1030716.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 468
  • P1030717.jpg
    P1030717.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:

bbs383ci

quit giving me projects to work on I have enough as it is lol

excellent idea and great work

godogs57

Well done. I've done the same thing on my Wilton grinder with the 1.5" wheel on my flat platen. Works great and if you chip the blade....just re-grind.

Great job there

georgiaboy

That's a great idea on the tool and the flags. I hope you and yours have a good Memorial Day. I'm sure it's bittersweet.