4 From of old no one has heard
or perceived by the ear,
no eye has seen a God besides you,
who acts for those who wait for him.

1 Corinthians 2
9 But, as it is written,

“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him’- 10 these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God.

gordon 2

Isaiah 64
4 From of old no one has heard
or perceived by the ear,
no eye has seen a God besides you,
who acts for those who wait for him.

1 Corinthians 2
9 But, as it is written,

“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him’- 10 these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God.

The Spirit is deep. :) And Paul also. :):)

"For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God." What a beautiful in depth observation of the Spirit active!

If Paul has the mind of Christ, and he does, it is interesting to say the least how the mind of Christ works by comparing what Isaiah 64-65 says and what Paul writes to the Corinthians.

The saints according to Paul must be God's prophesied remnant of Isaiah 64-65 which God will cause to walk the fields of Sharon. Isaiah 65:10 "Sharon will become a pasture for flocks, and the Valley of Achor a resting place for herds, for My people who seek Me." The Problem that God identifies with Isaiah's prayer is that Isaiah's contemporaries are not seeking God and that is why their former blessings have turned to ruins.

Also it is the servant of the Lord that will eat and eats as opposed to them that perish, those who are to their vain imaginations and can't call on the Lord according to the Lord's reply to his prophet in Isaiah 65.

And so I can only assume that the insistence of being servant " my servants" in the mind of the Lord accounts for the emphasis that saints need be servants to each other through Him and so we wash each other's feet due the mind of the Lord of which we are servants.

The mind of Paul, the mind of Christ is beautiful--I must admit. According to Paul the mind of Christ is the mind of God as God replies to his prophet in Isaiah 65 by delivering on his prophecy through Jesus and so as Jesus is intimate with the Father, so we now are also with Jesus in the Spirit and with God.

I have to wonder when Jesus opened scripture to show that the Father spoke of him and his works that Jesus had a bookmark at Isaiah 64-65. Chapter 64 is the prophet's prayer of agony for a people gone of their strength in the Lord compared to the strength they once possessed. Chapter 65 is the Lord's response and explanation for their present lot and the promise of a remedy.

Jesus is God's reply or answer to Isaiah's prayer for intimacy between God and man, which Isaiah felt was absent or not the case from what it had been perhaps in former days. God is picking up the remnant through Jesus Savior that are God's servants, said his elect, and re organizing them into a spiritual people intimate with Him.

God was no longer near to the people, Isaiah's contemporaries, because they were into their imaginations of what God was. Isaiah is very perceptive that the people no longer possess the Lord's mountains and even the people say: " They say, ‘Keep to yourself; do not come near me, for I am holier than you!’ " The people really don't want God anywhere on their mountains. They fear His glory.

Such is the mind of the Lord and Paul his servant and many other things more than these listed here. It is very interesting regards the mind of God and that Paul was deep, his spirit unafraid because with the Spirit of the Lord both could swim no matter how deep it got and not worry about sinking to the depths and disappearing one from the other.

Last edited: