Heads up if your phone is stuck on SOS Mode

krizia829

If your phone all of a sudden goes on SOS Mode and no matter what you try, you cannot get cell service, call your phone provider from another phone.

They're switching now to eSIM (embedded sim) instead of a physical SIM card. They make you have to call with your IMEI# (found in your settings under General then "About" section) so that they can remotely set it up for you.

I was going nuts trying to figure out what's wrong with my phone and it's that. Also happened to someone else I know. Looks like they're little by little switching all phones over.

Just thought I'd save you guys the stress lol

Last edited:

pjciii

I have AT&T and they just did a big upgrade last night. I suppose it will happen to my phone soon. AT&T leads the charge to voluntarily give your data to the government.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If your phone all of a sudden goes on SOS Mode and no matter what you try, you cannot get cell service, call your phone provider.

They're switching now to eSIM (embedded sim) instead of a physical SIM card. They make you have to call with your IMEI# (found in your settings under General then "About" section) so that they can remotely set it up for you.

I was going nuts trying to figure out what's wrong with my phone and it's that. Also happened to someone else I know. Looks like they're little by little switching all phones over.

Just thought I'd save you guys the stress lol
So, if you can't get cell service, how do you call them? :huh:

sinclair1

We go into SOS here at the Swamp about once a month. Usually clears up in an hour or so.
I carry a separate work phone, so one will work when the other doesn’t most times.

krizia829

We go into SOS here at the Swamp about once a month. Usually clears up in an hour or so.
I carry a separate work phone, so one will work when the other doesn’t most times.
Yes, that's normal but when it gets stuck on SOS mode, it won't go back to regular service.

Latest posts