Help me pick out a x-bow please>>>

kranich

I just bought my wife the Barnett Recruit terrain and she absolutely loves it. It's not as fast as some of the others, but 330 FPS is fast enough. I haven't had her shot past 50 yards yet, but it is dead on at 50. Could use a better scope though

GottaGetOutdoors

I bought the Ravin R-15 and am pleased so far. It is fast and accurate. And it will tear up arrows if you don't use the right target. Get one rated for 426fps or higher. Mine shot through a Morrell Yellowjacket bag target at 100 yds. Won't make that mistake again.

GoodOleBoy55

I just bought my wife the Barnett Recruit terrain and she absolutely loves it. It's not as fast as some of the others, but 330 FPS is fast enough. I haven't had her shot past 50 yards yet, but it is dead on at 50. Could use a better scope though

I see you have already made your pick, but I have a Recruit terrain too. Have been pretty pleased with its accuracy.

BowanaLee

I've purchased several lately. I'd make sure you get a good return policy. A couple wouldn't group broadheads at 40 and over. I've noticed a few factors that will make or break broadhead grouping. How field points group is a non factor. You can't hunt with them. I'm not a professional but from what I've seen, other than cam timing, theres not much you can do as far as tuning compared to a compound bow. First is how straight is draws. I make a mark on the string on each side of the rail. Draw it and see if its cocked to one side or the other. Hopefully both marks are even ? You can also accidentally cock it to one side drawing it if your not careful. It will shoot left of right. Second is if the bolt is laying flat on the rail all the way out. Sometimes its off the rail at the broadhead end. Other times its not. That'll make it shoot high or low. Theses are just a few things I've seen. There may be other factors ? I got 2 good shooting xbows out of 4 purchases. 2 got returned. (Barnett) Hope this helps ?

Rich M

I have a Horton. it's okay. Can hit a fist out to 40 yards, not the fastest.

If I was to get another one, it would be one of those 3-inch at 100 yard crossbows. Or another that can do the same. They must be doing something right.

southerndraw

Go all in and get that new ravin, it'll only set you back 2 grand.

sowgabuckstalker

Got it yesterday, had it dialed in in about 30 mins, love it. After reading many negative reviews of the scope that comes with them, I was completely surprised how much I liked it and how accurate it was.

With this said, new to xbow hunting. Anyone recommend any particular broadheads to buy? Looking forward to in the morning just being out there, supposed to be good weather until about 10 when the wind picks up.

Thanks and many thoughts and prayers to all those effected by this storm. Looks like we are going to get some of it, could get bad.

Tmpr111

I shoot a Raptor FX2, they've been replaced by the FX3 I believe. Your Whitetail version is 350fps like the FX3.

I use the Spitfire Maxx crossbow broad-heads and I've shot many of the other top brands --- these just seem to shoot the best for me and they're mean.

I too had the scope that came with mine, and it was very easy to dial in, the problem I had though is it wouldn't stay sighted in. I checked it numerous times, tried different mounts, etc.. just for peace of mind. I then finally replaced it with a Nikon Bolt XR and it was the best investment I could've made. It's been awesome and I've not had to touch it again.

Check out the barnett raptor fx3 pro..380fps and very light.340$ on ebay...i got mine a few months ago and I love it at 60 yards it's still accurate and shoots tight patterns..i also always ditch the scope that comes on the Barnett bows and put a nikon on them..the factory scope is trash

ABBYS DAD

Centerpoint sniper 370
Can't beat the quality and value.
Around $275 fo the package.

Bigbook

i know it to late for you but .
if anyone else is still looking find a center-point 370 and try it great value and after changing the factory bolts for some good ones do not shoot at the same spot ever again .. tack driver .trigger does have some creep in it but its easy to get to know where it breaks oh yea glass could stand an upgrade too