Trade in deal at Dicks SG fr bushnell cameras

Jim Boyd

Looks like it is in store only for the trade in deal

Guess that makes sense!

Gumpbuck

Yes, it's in store only. The models are the Essential e2 and e3 or one of the aggressor models. If you live near a store. It's a great deal.

CAnderson

So if you traded in an old cam would that make the e3 only $40?

SlowMotion

I'm guessing the instant savings has already been applied and you would just get $30 off for trade-in.

CAnderson

Dick's Add

"Receive $30 Instant Savings on select Bushnell Game Cameras.
Plus receive an additional $30 Instant Savings when you trade in any game camera in any condition."

Reads like it would be $60 off if you traded in an old cam, or $30 if not. On the three cams they have the offer on.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
The E3 is marked down $30 to the price of $99.98. Trade in a camera for it and get $30 for the trade in. I just bought two this morning.

Attachments

• KIMG0015.jpg
    KIMG0015.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:

ucfireman

That's the way it reads, I'm going to try to get it for that.
Tried and got no where. The paper ad shows 129.98-30 so sale is 99.98. then 30 trade for 69.98.
Online says the sale price is 99.98, nothing about the 30 Bushnell discount. I argued and walked out.
The E2 is a great cam. I assume the E3 would be too. 69.98 still a good deal I just wanted a great deal.

Gumpbuck

Got the full deal! $39.98 for the E3! (Got two of them.)

So, bear with me here......
Everyone at the store and at online customer service was very nice. I just want to be clear on that.
Here's what happened:
I went to the store with my trade ins and was told the same thing. Regular price on camera is $129 and the $30 must already be baked in. But because it's still a great deal after the trade in, I bought two E3's and left to go to work. I did tell the staff that I would call corporate later so I could get more clarification on the promotion. I too, feel that the online ad gives the impression that one would get a total of $60 off the price if you go to the store and bring an old camera. Further, there is no place online that states the original price of the E3 is $129.
As a matter of fact, the E2, listed at $109, has been at that price level since before this promotion. I purchased one at $109 back on 7/15/17. So, my suspicion is that the $99 price on the E3 has been there from before this promotion also. So, is there really a $30 instant savings?

Later in the day I called the customer service number that's on the website and spent about 30 minutes talking with a supervisor. In the end, they called the store and then advised me that the store misunderstood how the promotion worked. I was given a confirmation number and a contact back at the store. I went back in and received a $60 refund to my credit card. (I purchased two of the E3s) The store supervisor agreed that the ad was misleading.

Now, I'm not trying to start trouble here. I just don't think the store received good direction about how this works. It seemed that last year’s event was confusing too.

So, if you choose to pursue the full discount, here are a couple points to make.
1) How long has the online price of the E3 been $99.98? My suspicion is it was at that price before this event started. I would ask about that to see what they say. If it's been at that price for a while, it strengthens my next point.
2) Forget about the trade in deal for a second here. If the first $30 is an instant discount for going in to the store, why is the online price also $99.98? Why not state that the original price is $129? So, what's the incentive for going to the store? I get that discount from my sofa.

Anyway, even with just the "trade in" deal, it's a great buy on a camera that I have been very happy with. I already have 4 of the E2s and expect the E3 will perform just as well.

Best wishes Folks.

bevills1

The McDonough store told me they knew nothing about this offer and that they had only the E3 in stock priced at 129.98. I called online customer service who told me they also knew nothing about the trade in promotion. Is it only available at certain stores, or how is one supposed to get the deal if it's supposed to be at all stores?

Gumpbuck

The McDonough store told me they knew nothing about this offer and that they had only the E3 in stock priced at 129.98. I called online customer service who told me they also knew nothing about the trade in promotion. Is it only available at certain stores, or how is one supposed to get the deal if it's supposed to be at all stores?

Go to the website and navigate to hunting and then trail cameras. There is a banner ad at the top of the page.

When I first called customer service I had to walk them through the navigation on the website. The whole promotion doesn't seemed to be explained very well to the employees or stores.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

ucfireman

Good job Gump, That's exactly what I tried to explain to them. I may call the CS # after buying a couple.
Last year bought 2E2 with the trade. None knew how to do it at the register. The manager came up and 20-30 minutes later gave me another 25 off and a 25 gift card. So in the end got 3 E2s for 33 each.
Ill see what I can do.

shdw633

They originally wanted to charge me the $129.99 minus the trade in but I ended up getting the camera for the $69.99 after the trade in. I'm happy with that. Good deal, good camera.