Help save the duck factory!

7mm mag 06

Unbelievable...another otherwise helpful thread gone to crap due to a few guys that can't trust a well-known conservation organization enough to donate $5 to a worthy cause, and before you jump on my case, I'm a member of DU and NWTF. I appreciate what you're doing 7mm mag 06

Right On Brother!! you really have made my day. Its guys like you is one of the main reasons i love the outdoors, the family the brotherhood the friendship, THANK YOU!!:banana::cool: I am also a NWTF and DU member!

dognducks

Banned
If you're so worried put up some Wood Duck boxes in you swamps and creeks and then you know where you money is going. You can start at home but do give back tot he ducks to make sure you and your kids have more to hunt in years to come

You can put up a million boxes if you'd like but if the habitat is gone then its worthless

CrackerBoyd

What Ducks?

I'll tell ya'll what. Why don't we start something in ga. and the money that is spent on Du we will set it aside for our state (Ga.) only and the heck with the others. We use to have a ton of ducks here but not anymore. If your going spend money do it for Ga. It seems to me that everyone else is worried about some where else not us. This is not just about Du but everything. Why are we sending billions of dollars over seas for other countrys when that money could be spent here to help our own country. It is time to worry about ourselves and not what goes on in the pot holes

It is thinking like this that shows the problem. If you look at the Flyway routes then you can see for yourself why this is a "Crisis". I just made a donation in the name of my granddaughters and Whatever Ducks Unlimited is doing it benefits more people and looks to the Future way better than you could. Now as to your complaint about money going overseas don't believe this is the place for that discussion. As has been said many times "lead.... follow.... or get out of the way...." DU is "trying" to lead.

big A 235

I've got duck hole on the farm that I have been told by many is one of the best in this state and DU didn't have a thing to do with in any shape form or fashion.

WaterfowlFreak

I contribute yearly, not to blow smoke up my rear! But the way I see it is, if we do join together and contribute, then it will make a different! The Potholes have been slowly deteriating over the past several years. Anything we can do to help that portion of breeding grounds or any portion of breeding grounds is worth it in my opinion!

If we continue to let it pass us by, then I believe the impact will be devistating to future waterfowlers! If not DU then what other group besides DWF will help the waterfowl population out there! I think its great to contribute, thats why I do.

Every lil bit helps, and we need all the help we can to support the sport we LOVE so much! The more they preserve, no matter if its GA, ND, SD or Canada will provide us with more duck to enjoy killing over the next several years!

Thats my 2 cents! Nice thread!

CrackerBoyd

Go to the DU Site

Not sure how sincere your request is to recive information. But if you really want to be informed go to the DU site and click on your state you are interested in and look it over or better yet make a call to the Georgia contact. As far as why are people leaving DU can't answer that one but i can tell you i have been in a Leadership position with the NWTF in various capacities for the last 25 years and it has NEVER been tougher than it is right now.

Cadcom

Good point Cracker. I have been involved with our local DU chapter for years and it is tough going out there. It's 25 bucks a year to join DU right now. If that amount is going to cripple someones local duck pond efforts then by all means keep it in your pocket. Without DU there would not be the habitat or the chance to hunt around the country that we have now. That is a fact. Look at the agreements in place with Mexico and Canada protecting the wintering and breeding grounds. DU has several projects active and complete in Georgia. Maybe some people don't see the benefit of habitat renewal and maintenance on a national and state level but I bet the ducks do.

florida boy

I with yall on that ! None of that DU money raised down here stays here . It is used on the flooded corn fields and all that other food they plant for them so they dont have to come down to FL anymore . They arent getting another penny from me! And I am as passionate as anyother duck hunter here .

CrackerBoyd

Help Save the Duck Factory

I with yall on that ! None of that DU money raised down here stays here . It is used on the flooded corn fields and all that other food they plant for them so they dont have to come down to FL anymore . They arent getting another penny from me! And I am as passionate as anyother duck hunter here .

Passion really isn't the issue here. If you aren't seeing ducks in your area maybe it is because the "habitat" has changed, any # of things influences ducks and their travel routes. The point of all of this is if we are going to leave the next generation of hunters any hope of having a viable duck population and that doesn't happen if you keep your hands in your pockets.

florida boy

Oh I definitly agree with you there but I would rather put my money into someones hands and watch them do something with it here and not just run north with it . I am a firm believer in conservation and protection of the breeding grounds but they overplant the north and the ducks dont have to come south until everything is totally froze over .

7mm mag 06

Oh I definitly agree with you there but I would rather put my money into someones hands and watch them do something with it here and not just run north with it . I am a firm believer in conservation and protection of the breeding grounds but they overplant the north and the ducks dont have to come south until everything is totally froze over .

well then why post on this thread just to bash...:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

7mm mag 06

im not crying:) just trying to help out DU

gatortrax

In response to the first post, i say "way to go" 7mm mag 06. This is a very important subject these days. The prairie pothole region (PPR) is an important area for waterfowl production. When CRP land is converted to cropland, that's the way that it generally remains. In recent times, farmers have seen increases in commodity prices which cause them not to renew their CRP contracts. If you doubt me, that is fine, but in North Dakota alone (a major PPR state) 420,000 acres of CRP land was converted to cropland in 2007. From 2008 until 2012, over 1.5 million acres of CRP land in ND alone will expire.

In this DU campaign, the money donated to DU is matched by funds from the federal duck stamp and the North American Wetlands Conservation Act.

chase870

Possum Sox
In response to the first post, i say "way to go" 7mm mag 06. This is a very important subject these days. The prairie pothole region (PPR) is an important area for waterfowl production. When CRP land is converted to cropland, that's the way that it generally remains. In recent times, farmers have seen increases in commodity prices which cause them not to renew their CRP contracts. If you doubt me, that is fine, but in North Dakota alone (a major PPR state) 420,000 acres of CRP land was converted to cropland in 2007. From 2008 until 2012, over 1.5 million acres of CRP land in ND alone will expire.

In this DU campaign, the money donated to DU is matched by funds from the federal duck stamp and the North American Wetlands Conservation Act.

This is a fact, the area that the ducks breed in, and this includes Canada is being converted to crop land. The farmers drain the water out of the pot holes and plow them under. For the slow learners here, Your ducks are killed before they are ever hatched. All the stuff you do for ducks in the south will sit empty except for the local wood ducks. You need to wake up.

Latest posts