Hiking A Volcano

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Finally got to hike up a volcano on my 25th anniversary trip last week. I'll be honest, even as an avid outdoorsman and hiker, this one about killed me but the views and experience were breathtaking and a lifelong memory. I had heat exhaustion kick in less than half way and even though I carried 4 liters of water in my pack, it was not enough given the temp and humidity. 2,100 feet of elevation change in 1.4 miles (we entered at 500').

View from Gros Piton looking at Petite Piton. We also had a volcanic mud bath in 112* of natural sulfur water the next day which was unbelievably satisfying.

1702752323029.png

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got to hike up a volcano on my 25th anniversary trip last week. I'll be honest, even as an avid outdoorsman and hiker, this one about killed me but the views and experience were breathtaking and a lifelong memory. I had heat exhaustion kick in less than half way and even though I carried 4 liters of water in my pack, it was not enough given the temp and humidity. 2,100 feet of elevation change in 1.4 miles (we entered at 500').

View from Gros Piton looking at Petite Piton. We also had a volcanic mud bath in 112* of natural sulfur water the next day which was unbelievably satisfying.

View attachment 1276560
That is awesome, and congrats on the quarter-century!

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
That is awesome, and congrats on the quarter-century!
Thanks and when I get time over Christmas, I'll fill in the details. They are pretty funny now that I made it back down. Up 2100' with heat exhaustion and muscle failure was no joke. :bounce:

Never thought that we would make it to 10 much less 25. She is a firecracker but she has always done our family right.