Hilton Head End of May

Hey guys, I am headed to Hilton Head the last week of May. I'll be staying in Sea Pines. I have heard there is some pretty good fishing in the lagoons in there, but never tried it. Anyone have any pointers on what and where? I will have a kayak. Any other accessible areas on Hilton Head?

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
:pop:

new blood

Try out Southbeach in Sea Pines. I have been fishing that point since I was a little kid. I have been going every year Memorial Day weekend for the past 8 years but switching it up this year.

I normally fish squid on a wire liter because 90% of what you catch are sharks. I have caught some up to 4 ft. mostly being sand and bonnethead sharks. Ocassionally you'll hook a good size ray. Better have decent size tackle and hold on! Those things can pull!

I have caught the rare trout and a red once using shrimp. In fact, last year one guy pulled in a 20+ # cobia. First I had ever seen on that point. Either way, it is a fun place to fish where you normally catch something every few minutes and the dolphins come very close to the beach frequently. Make sure to shuffle your feet walking in the water with all the sting rays.

If you want to go offshore, give Capt. Chip from Outcast Fishing charters a call. I have been fishing with him several times and he will put you on whatever your looking for. His specialty is MONSTER sharks. I have a 10 ft. tiger shark mounted that I caught with him 4 years ago. Check out his Youtube video under Outcast fishing and you'll see some of the 1,000 pounders he has caught.

Anyway, have a great trip and post back if you have any more questions.

OUTCAST

If you end up wanting to hire a guide, give me a call. End of May is a great time to fish here. On the 4 hour charters were getting cobia, spanish mackerel and huge sharks. On the 6 and 8 hour charters we'll be targeting king mackerel, cobia, barracuda, amberjack and huge sharks.

Capt Chip Michalove
www.outcastfishing.com