Brunswick Fishing Report 10/14-10/16

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Headed down to the Jekyll area last weekend like I inquired about. Didn't get to fish until around 3pm Saturday around low tide. Ended up being able to get a pint of live shrimp I made last the whole weekend. This nice older guy gave me a few handfuls of mud minnows too. I caught my first fish on a DOA shrimp, nice speckled trout.
Rest of the fish all came on a combination of plastics by themselves and shrimp under corks. Mud minnows worked under corks but normally when they were dead after being attacked by the perch. Caught a black drum as well, seen people on the pier catching sheepshead with fiddlers and some dang BIG ones. These Asian folks at the start of the bridge caught some short flounder, didn't see any keepers. They hooked into a massive stingray that popped off as well. Disappointed to report there were absolutely ZERO bull reds or even any redfish at all. Nobody targeting them, nobody hooked one, not even a puppy drum. Hardly anybody out there was very successful and far as I could tell I was one of like 3 people to actually catch any solid fish. The weather was decent when I first got there and then each day got progressively colder and more windy. Monday morning was brutal before I left. The most annoying thing was the silver perch. They're ruthless and will eat ANYTHING. Had to get through hordes of them in between actual gamefish. I'll be back soon and hopefully the fish are hitting better.

Sorry to hear the redfish weren't biting. I'm headed to Jekyll next week so hopefully it will pick up. Did you fish strictly from the pier or did you fish off the beach as well?

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Sorry to hear the redfish weren't biting. I'm headed to Jekyll next week so hopefully it will pick up. Did you fish strictly from the pier or did you fish off the beach as well?
Never got on the beach, seen some folks surf fishing there and they never caught a single fish. A boat was floating right off the beach and didn't see them hookup on anything either

Latest posts