Hooch Hybrid beatdown - First week of April

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I've been on the water a bunch this week and for good reason; the fishing is on fire! The April full moon is always prime time and this one came with warming temps and some decent water conditions. There are fish from Ringer to above Franklin; it is where you can pick your favorite area and get bites. I've also fished with shad and lures and both are working equally as well.

The numbers have been phenomenal, but the overall size has been unreal for the hybrids. Thursday evening was the best average size of fish I've seen in probably 15 years or more. I had a few dozen fish over 6 lbs with a number pushing 8 lbs. There isn't anything more fun than catching those size fish in the river current.

We are starting to see a good many fish that are spawned out. I expect we'll have another couple weeks of good fishing, but things can happen quick from now to the end of the month.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Dang son.......wore em out!

Looks like a lot of fun, thanks for the intel Dustin!

@berchris and I fished down there a couple weeks ago, we didn't find crazy numbers but of the three hybrids we caught, one was 7.5 and one was 8lbs. PBs for both of us in about 10 minutes.

Worley

Great catching, I didn’t expect it would take long for the new vessel to get broke in right.

greg_n_clayton

We use to catch them in the Hartwell headwaters this time of year years ago. They ain't there like that anymore ! Dustin...are you fishing West Point or Lanier ? I ain't familiar with places you mention. We use to catch em at night trolling a Hal Fly crappie jig. Hooking them stretched out that far behind the boat was a bunch of fun. Fun I miss !!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
We use to catch them in the Hartwell headwaters this time of year years ago. They ain't there like that anymore ! Dustin...are you fishing West Point or Lanier ? I ain't familiar with places you mention. We use to catch em at night trolling a Hal Fly crappie jig. Hooking them stretched out that far behind the boat was a bunch of fun. Fun I miss !!
North west point Chattahoochee.

Latest posts