Hot sauce thread

georgia_home

CholLula chili garlic for most things

old bay sauce but only on seafood. Especially shrimp

baby rays buffalo, Frank’s buffalo for wing or wing like products

Reactions: Dub

Dub

I just never could get into Cholula. I've got a bottle in my fridge that's probably been there for two years. It's all right, but not all that. I use Sriracha sometimes, too, for Asian food.

As a stand alone....I agree. It's nothing special.

Shaking it into a skillet of sizzling peppers, onions, beef & adobo seasoning......BAMSUCKA.....fajita time.

It also flavors up a batch of frijoles really well.....but I know you sidestep those. :rofl:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I don't like a sauce too hot. If it's too hot, I can't taste what I put it on. :bounce: A mild flavorful heat is what I like.

Crystal
Cholula
Texas Pete
Franks
Louisiana
Walmart's Great Value brand is good

Geffellz18

Cholula & Sriracha are probably the two I try to keep on hand most of the time.
I’ll get Tapatio as a replacement if I can’t find a good price for Cholula when I need it.
When it comes to a Louisiana hot sauce, I’m not quite as picky on the actual brand, but Rickey’s is hands down the best of that style-There’s no close second IMO!
I currently have a few varieties of Franks on hand-only due to them being BOGO recently.
I used to dislike Tabasco, but recently got in to it to douse on fried chicken, but again any of that style will do so Franks it is as it was ~1/3 the price of Tabasco at the time.
Really like the Tabasco jalapeño hot sauce too-The green stuff!
I enjoy the firehouse subs datil pepper hot sauce. I don’t find it hot at all, but like the flavor.
Vinegar pepper sauce for my greens, too! Trappey’s is what’s currently on hand here.
I’ll dabble into habanero, ghost & scotch bonnet heat level stuff here & there. But, as far as the stupid hot stuff goes I’m confident enough in my manhood to not try that stuff just to feel more like one!

Redbow

We use Franks sometimes but I prefer Texas Pete or Louisiana hot sauce.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Somebody on here, I believe it was CrackerDave, sent me a bottle of datil pepper sauce several years ago that was most excellent.

DannyW

Many years ago, I bought 1-each of every hot sauce on the Kroger shelf and conducted a 6-month taste test. Texas Pete was #1 and Cholulu was #2.

Texas Pete was not the hottest choice but has a great flavor. Cholula gave TP a run for the money.

But who am I kidding...my favorite hot sauce is the one on the table! :rockon:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
That show Hot Ones on YouTube is an interesting show to watch. They eat some fire sauces on there.

Headshot

I use Franks original, Cholula Lime and Tabasco depending on what we are having for the meal. For sure is Cholula lime on tacos!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Cindy makes datil sauce from the old Minorcan recipe.It makes the Datil Do It seem weak.
Yep, I think that was you sent me that bottle years ago. It was sho-nuff all kinds of good!