How to clean and restore vinyl boat seats?

Rhodes

Looking for advice on how to clean and restore my pontoon vinyl boat seats. They are weathered and stained but not torn or brittle so I would like to restore them if possible. I googled and got umpteen product recomendations so I'm looking for advice to at least narrow down my options.....thanks.

treadwell

I used "Bar Keeper Friend', it's next to the old Comet. Comes in powder or liquid. Mine were almost black, scrubbed it in with a soft brush let it sit, scrubbed/rinsed it off......clean like new. Then I Armouralled (sp) them.

ilbcnu

I use Marine 31 mildew remover with great results. Kinda expensive but worth it

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
try the new dawn power wash, it should clean it right up.

I don't know how it would do on boat seats, but I've stolen my wife's power wash. That's awesome stuff.

For boat seats, you'll want to look for a cleaner that also has a UV protectant in it. Summer sun is rough on vinyl after a while.

Josh B

I use this mold and mildew spray at Lowe’s. It says it is indoor and touchless. It works miracles. The brown stuff just runs off my pontoon seats. My neighbor tried pressure washing his but still was brown so I sprayed a little on his and it cleaned right up. It’s in a white spray bottle and says 30 seconds on it

KingTiger

Purple Power cleaner/degreaser did the trick on my vinyl boat seats. They had a sticky brownish hue to them beforehand.

Josh B

That's funny I didn't even notice. I looked on line and didn't see it but I go in Lowe's everyday. I'll take a picture.

Stroker

Be very careful about what you use. Many of the use some form of bleach which will destroy the nylon based stitching and dry out the vynal.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Call this number and ask customer service which MoldArmor product to use. It’s available at Home Depot. I’ve used their hard surface cleaner and house & siding cleaner. Mold literally rinses off, no scrubbing and it stops it from growing back.

1-844-969-1374