Humminbird Helix 5 di GPS Clearance

SlowMotion

Going to the lake this weekend. I'm trying to figure out the best way to temporarily mount my Helix 5 on our deck boat and wire it up. I'm trying to sell our boat to get something different so I don't want to permanently mount it. Anybody have an idea on the best way to do this?

61BelAir

Going to the lake this weekend. I'm trying to figure out the best way to temporarily mount my Helix 5 on our deck boat and wire it up. I'm trying to sell our boat to get something different so I don't want to permanently mount it. Anybody have an idea on the best way to do this?

For a temporary install on the kayak I used a piece of 1" wide aluminum in 1/8" thickness and bolted the transducer to it then just hung it off the back. I didn't even bolt the head unit down or hide wires through the hull. Instead I just set it on the floor in front of my seat and laid the wiring on the deck underneath the seat to the battery on top of the well in the back. I wasn't going anywhere that the kayak would turn over and I can take it all out in two minutes.

I see that Wal Mart still has the 2D Sonar Only model for $128.03. I know that's the only function a lot of people use.

Coenen

Finally got out and used mine a bit, even just fiddling around it helped me get on some fish. Should be a handy tool once I get everything figured out.

TripleXBullies

I got my zero lines card and mapped a good portion of my lake. Sometimes it doesn't come back up when I get back out on the lake and I have to wait to go over things again for them to re-map. Sometimes I have to be mapping again for a few minutes before the existing lines come back. Am I doing something wrong? I looked for a place to save the map before turning it off but I can't find anything.

TroyBoy30

did you export the unit data to the card?

If Autochart Live data is recorded without a ZeroLine card inserted will the data be transferred to the ZeroLine card once it is inserted?

Yes. Data stored internally to the unit will be moved to a ZeroLine card once it is inserted. The data is then permanently removed from internal storage. If more data is recorde

TripleXBullies

Nah... I didn't even realize you could map without a zero line card. I didn't even try it until I got the card. The lake was mapped while the card was inserted. The next time I get it in the water the lines are gone.