Humminbird mega +

TroyBoy30

Thought you might like to see some early shots.

qqu4p4.png

33e63pd.png

2uhq2gy.png

2vvoq6c.png

2cejj1t.png

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Got one of those 12 inchers ordered and paid for. It's all over but the waiting...

Coenen

It's hardly even fair anymore.

Coenen

Must be nice,,,,????,,,,somebody had to say it,,,,really nice though,,,,
It'll be widely available sooner or later. Who only knows what the cutting edge will be by then.

RamblinWreck

Those were posted on the BBC Humminbird forum. Poster said it was from a Helix 12 G3N running Mega+ engineering SW (that is supposed to be identical to Mega + production), based on what I read in the thread.
BBC Humminbird forum link
I'm looking hard at a Helix 9 Mega SI+ G3N model, just out at $1499...

littlejon

Those were posted on the BBC Humminbird forum. Poster said it was from a Helix 12 G3N running Mega+ engineering SW (that is supposed to be identical to Mega + production), based on what I read in the thread.
BBC Humminbird forum link
I'm looking hard at a Helix 9 Mega SI+ G3N model, just out at $1499...

I'm looking at the same unit as you. I know have the Helix 7 G2. I was wondering what one might have to spend to achieve the pic's that TB posted?

RamblinWreck

Well, according to the HB folks, fans and marketing, all Mega+ units should be that good. Who knows? They probably culled a lot of images and kept the best, but what impressed me was the distance to the side you can see in shallow water. This would be awesome for finding panfish. I can find bass with an ordinary 2D/DI, and have little trouble getting green fish in the boat with my simple Hook2. I am after tools that will help me find crappie and shellcrackers - some of my favorite fishing.

I had pretty much decided on a Garmin Echomap Plus 93sv unit, planning for future upgrade with the Panoptix LiveScope system. I've seen enough demonstrations of its use to know it will be very useful to me. Humminbird Mega+ SideScan looks fantastic, and now I am also considering the Helix 9 Mega SI+ unit as well. Hopefully there will be a sale on these in the spring fishing sale season.

I just want to be able to find more fish. I am hoping to use the side scan to see crappie under docks, and find bream beds on the bottom. Two things my little Lowrance 5" Hook2 I bought for my kayak can not do. I think the HB Mega+ sidescan is better than the Garmin, just not sure how much.