Humming bird question

bilgerat

Senior
When do humming birds Migrate to Central America? , I’ve still got a pair of small grey ones with greenish backs coming to the feeder

turkeykirk

Had one similar to yours today.

AccUbonD

Well after years and years of leaving feeder out over winter to try to catch another species of hummingbirds (winter) I still have one visiting here in November in North Georgia. I have not ever had a ruby throat hang around here this long.

I cannot identify it yet but its either a ruby throat still around or a broad-tailed hummer. Which is supposed to be rare in Georgia.

Redbow

Well after years and years of leaving feeder out over winter to try to catch another species of hummingbirds (winter) I still have one visiting here in November in North Georgia. I have not ever had a ruby throat hang around here this long.

I cannot identify it yet but its either a ruby throat still around or a broad-tailed hummer. Which is supposed to be rare in Georgia.
It might be a Rufus Hummingbird we have them here on the NC coast they winter over here. I just filled the feeder yesterday the Rufus hummers will be with us all winter and its been cold lately. I saw one feeding yesterday somehow they survive here in the cold but I can't see how not many flowers for them to feed on in winter here in our area. The Rufus birds are different in coloration than the Ruby Throated Birds. They fly here from west of the Mississippi River so I have read about them. As soon as the weather warms they will be gone and the Ruby Throated birds will be back.