Hunting with broken leg

Lukikus2

Can't believe no one hasn't asked. Did you jump out of that perfectly good plane and break it your leg?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I had my Labrum and rotator cuff repaired in August about 12 years ago. Going hunting was the last thing on my mind that entire deer season. Hunted with a .243 the next year. Usually hunt with 7 Rem Mag or 7 WSM.
Yeah mine still bruised easily. Have a 270 I really want to use this year but may use my sons 243 depending on what my bench time feels like

LTFDretired

A crash in aviation is called “controlled descent into the ground” ?

scott stokes

It is in a brace now but still want let me toe touch.

Attachments

• 278B7BFE-6755-4FF4-BF27-F5366918A964.jpeg
    278B7BFE-6755-4FF4-BF27-F5366918A964.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 5

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Brother, like others have said, I wouldn't try to hunt until I knew I could handle it.
You need healing time.

Elephant

Sorry to hear. Few years back I had a grade 2 sprain in my ankle. Used a climber with a boot on...shot a 7 point with my bow. Anything is possible. Use a ground blind my friend.

BriarPatch99

@BriarPatch99 it seems like you and the OP have something in common. ?

Yeah ....I know a thing or two ... cause I seen a thing or two .....

My doctor said no pressure for 3 months.... It was exactly 3 months before I did ... I made my self a promise ....I sure and heck didn't want to go back through all the pain and suffering...... I missed redbreast fishing on account of my leg ....

Follow your doctor's orders... Good luck with the healing !!!! Therapy is coming...