Texas javelina hunt

gordylew

I booked a Texas Javelina hunt for after season here. I wanted to see if hunting Texas for exotics was something I might want to do in the future and figured this would get my feet wet at a reasonable expense. I also booked a crane hunt in middle Texas to coincide with the travel. The crane hunt was an expensive bust but the javelina hunt was fun and a success. I carried my Big Jims Thunderchild TD. Made a perfect shot at 21 yards. This is a great hunt for a group. The drive was long but my buddy and I had a good time. He killed his first “big game” bow kill with his compound.

Attachments

• IMG_5215.jpeg
    IMG_5215.jpeg
    351 KB · Views: 60

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Nice! Do they stink like a skunk as bad as folks say? So strange to me that (I'm told) aren't considered a pig.

gordylew

Look like a pig, walk like a pigs, act like a pig. Not a pig. This time of the year they don't smell as bad....but I have no sense of smell so it didn't bother me. lol

earlthegoat2

Collared Peccary

They have a musk. Smelled a few while downwind on my Nilgai hunt last year January.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Bet that was a blast! I have family near San Antonio and expect to visit one day…..hope and pray ::;