I couldn't help it

Israel

BANNED
Are you just a New Testament follower?
Remind me, is Jesus and god the same, different, kind of the same, the same when needed, different when needed?

Is the entire bible the word of god ir just the New Testament?

Clear that up for me and then we can go into jailable specifics.

Jesus Christ is the word of God. The writings...are the writings.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Are you just a New Testament follower?
Remind me, is Jesus and god the same, different, kind of the same, the same when needed, different when needed?

Is the entire bible the word of god ir just the New Testament?

Clear that up for me and then we can go into jailable specifics.

I could never understand the Covenant view of why we can now happily eat pigs and shrimp and make garments from mixed fibers, but we still can't make unto us graven images or bear false witness. And we can no longer sell our daughters as slaves or take female captives as slaves during war; but we can now plant two kinds of seed in the same field and trim the corners of our beards and hair on the sides of our heads, but we still can't mow the yard on Sunday?

It's all quite confusing.

WaltL1

We both agree that Jesus is the Son of God. And because of that, he is my brother.
Did you not ever have a harmless disagreement with your natural brother?(if you had one)
Did it make you no longer brothers, or more importantly, did it make you no longer sons?
Did you not ever have a harmless disagreement with your natural brother?
You and your "brother" aren't disagreeing on whether peperoni or sausage is better on a pizza.
You think you are specially pre-chosen by God for a guaranteed "forever bliss".
He's telling you it doesn't work that way.

Harmless?
Not for one of you......

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Jesus Christ is the word of God. The writings...are the writings.

Without the writings you are a full fledged follower of someone else.

welderguy

You and your "brother" aren't disagreeing on whether peperoni or sausage is better on a pizza.
You think you are specially pre-chosen by God for a guaranteed "forever bliss".
He's telling you it doesn't work that way.

Harmless?
Not for one of you......

I see what you are saying, but here's why it is ultimately harmless. Even if one of us, or even both of us, are serving in ignorance, the thing that is ultimately essential, which is belief that Jesus is the Son of God, is present in both of us. That belief is not of ourselves. It was gifted to us by God. Whatever ignorance that may accompany that comes out in the wash(sanctification). This is why Jesus said "He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all."

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
I see what you are saying, but here's why it is ultimately harmless. Even if one of us, or even both of us, are serving in ignorance, the thing that is ultimately essential, which is belief that Jesus is the Son of God, is present in both of us. That belief is not of ourselves. It was gifted to us by God. Whatever ignorance that may accompany that comes out in the wash(sanctification). This is why Jesus said "He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all."

:cheers: yip.

WaltL1

You want to know what I really think? I think there are so many layers to the Word of God(scriptures),kinda like peeling back an onion, that it can be simple at certain layers(even a child can understand),but the further you dig into it, the deeper and complex it gets. It's infinitely genius the way it is written in an interwoven complexity. It requires the Holy Spirit to understand the truth of it, on every level, even the simple layers. It has the ability(obviously) to confound even the wisest of men, and to make wise even the basest of men. Sure, men constantly debate the details of it, but that's because we are Jesus' disciples; we are learning and re-learning. We need each other to constantly sharpen one another's iron, so to speak. One may have insight on part of it that another doesn't, but we must check up on one another to see if there are no contradictions to the rest of scripture. If there is, it's false insight.
I'm addicted to it. Sometimes it consumes me. I need more and more. I'm like a heroine-addict sometimes.
we must check up on one another to see if there are no contradictions to the rest of scripture. If there is, it's false insight.
Ever watch a dog chase its tail?
You are trying to determine what is a false insight and you don't even know what is correct insight.
Its why you have so many denominations.
So many differing beliefs.
You can call it "checking up" on each other if you want.

ambush80

Ever watch a dog chase its tail?
You are trying to determine what is a false insight and you don't even know what is correct insight.
Its why you have so many denominations.
So many differing beliefs.
You can call it "checking up" on each other if you want.

"It's incomprehensible. But I understand it."

WaltL1

So what?
You both believe Jesus is the Son of God.
The Bible could have been written on a Post It note if that's all that mattered.

welderguy

So what?
The Bible could have been written on a Post It note if that's all that mattered.

I still think you're missing my point. The belief that Jesus is the Son of God does not come to a person by reading the bible. It comes by divine revelation of theSpirit. This is why unborn babies, secluded islanders, mentally handicapped, deaf, blind, etc, etc, are still very able to "know" Jesus.
The bible is a bonus to this.

WaltL1

I still think you're missing my point. The belief that Jesus is the Son of God does not come to a person by reading the bible. It comes by divine revelation of theSpirit. This is why unborn babies, secluded islanders, mentally handicapped, deaf, blind, etc, etc, are still very able to "know" Jesus.
The bible is a bonus to this.
I understand your point perfectly.
So again I ask, so what?
Is that all there is? Is that all it takes?

WaltL1

"It's incomprehensible. But I understand it."
"The red berries are the good ones. The blue berries are the poisonous ones. Lets separate them".
Said one color blind person to the other color blind person......

welderguy

I understand your point perfectly.
So again I ask, so what?
Is that all there is? Is that all it takes?

You make so light of it, like it's no big deal.
Are you asking if that's all it takes to be saved?

WaltL1

I didn't make light of anything.
You are the one injecting any emotion not me.

welderguy

I didn't make light of anything.
You are the one injecting any emotion not me.

OK. sorry if I misinterpreted you.

To clarify:
If a person believes, that is not what saved him. That is the evidence that he has been saved, already. But these two things always go hand in hand.

WaltL1

You believe Jesus is the Son of God.
"He" believes Jesus is the Son of God.
You believe you were pre-chosen to believe that.
"He" believes ANYBODY can come to believe that.
Despite the fact you both believe Jesus is the Son of God, there are HUGE implications in the differences in your beliefs.
So for the 3rd time I ask -
You both believe Jesus is the Son of God. So what?
Does that erase the huge implications in the differences of your beliefs?

welderguy

You believe Jesus is the Son of God.
"He" believes Jesus is the Son of God.
You believe you were pre-chosen to believe that.
"He" believes ANYBODY can come to believe that.
Despite the fact you both believe Jesus is the Son of God, there are HUGE implications in the differences in your beliefs.
So for the 3rd time I ask -
You both believe Jesus is the Son of God. So what?
Does that erase the huge implications in the differences of your beliefs?

I understand what you are asking, and it's a very legitimate question.
One of us (me or SFD) is wrong about the method of the belief, as in whether it's passive or active. I concede that. But at the end of the day, whether we understand how we believed accurately or not, it doesn't negate the fact that we both believe it. See one is of the mind, and one is of the Spirit. The one that's of the Spirit is the essential one.