I float manana

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Trying to change one oit on the side of the road is a WHOLE nuther job!
I would need to also carry a floor jack and a bearing puller.

slow motion

I can't speak for Wanderlust, but I would definitely try something in glow white with a chartreuse tail at some point.
This fishing report is for all the Georgia folks that venture to the Northern Gulf. Especially 1eyefishing and Slow Motion.

Had a decent day yesterday. East of the lighthouse in between the rivers about 1/4 mile out.. A white Gulp with Yellow Tail under a CJ seemed to be the ticket for me.

1eyefishing

My fishing buddies may have boxed a winner for the tournament here this weekend.

Redfish sized trout...

IMG_20240427_080922935_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240427_103959745_HDR.jpg

This is backing my belief that that biggest trout hang in the creek mouth oyster bars much longer before moving out to the flats in spring, if they move out at all.

1eyefishing

Fish camp is back, baby!
Finally got down with the boat after a week on the bench with a burnt hub.
The setup is becoming complete about a month shy of 2 years since I pulled out of fish camp.
The best of spring fishing is largely a wash for me after sitting out last week, and 2nd week of may i'm in the bahamas.
I'll get to fish the second half of May and part of June before the heat slows me down. But it looks like i'm set for a while... maybe a little more fall and winter fishing coming this year...

20240427_142114.jpg

20240427_142040.jpg

Rabun

That’s a fine cooler full! Big gator trout! Congratulations! Glad you got everything fixed and are able to enjoy some spring fishing! You going to chase any pompano? Good luck and stay safe on the water everyone! Keep sending pics! I won’t be down until late June.

slow motion

That’s a fine cooler full! Big gator trout! Congratulations! Glad you got everything fixed and are able to enjoy some spring fishing! You going to chase any pompano? Good luck and stay safe on the water everyone! Keep sending pics! I won’t be down until late June.
Think the pompano chase him. See him coming and just surrender and jump right in his boat. Screenshot_20240428-082824_Adblock Browser.jpg

MudDucker

Staff member

1eyefishing

That’s a beast 1eye! How big is it? Curious how your buddies did in the tourney w the one they caught?
They got bumped more than three times and did not place...
Winning trout was over 7 1/4... theirs was 4.39...
Lots of big ones all over... but I would say mostly on structure.

That pic above is mostly forced perspective... We were trying to avoid a bloody pic of huge gill bleed. And he had bumped his noggin on the deck wiggling out of my hands so were swift with the pic. It was one of those biggies that needed to be put back so we hoped for the best and watched it swim away...
Probably about 25", ~4 lbs...